Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Error:Unreachable Function Block(Unreachable Function Block)
Error:Unreachable Function Block [message #1848442] Thu, 02 December 2021 08:56 Go to next message
Sivan Ramasamy is currently offline Sivan RamasamyFriend
Hi

I have downloaded the new version 2.0 from website.

while validating it shows the error message as "Unreachable function block"

Error message snap attached here.
Re: Error:Unreachable Function Block [message #1848457 is a reply to message #1848442] Thu, 02 December 2021 16:10 Go to previous message
Lisa Sonnleithner is currently offline Lisa SonnleithnerFriend
Hi Sivan Ramasamy,

we are currently working on implementing a validation feature in 4diac. This should help developers to find possible problems already at an early stage.
The error message that you got means, that you have a function block in your application that can not be reached, because it does not have any incoming event connections. In IEC 61499, a function block will only be executed, when an event arrives at its interface. So if a block does not have any connections to its input events, it will not be executed (unless you would manually trigger an event).
With that error message, the tool tries to remind you of that.
It is still possible to deploy the application, but beware that the block will not do anything unless you add an event connection or manually trigger an event.

I hope I could answer your question. In case something is still unclear, please let me know.

Best regards,
Lisa
Previous Topic:Sending commands to Forte over TCP; Header in Payload
Next Topic:Is 4DIAC support OSCAT library?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:35:20 GMT 2024