Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Mapping model for transformation with Epsilon
Mapping model for transformation with Epsilon [message #1844304] Wed, 08 September 2021 14:21 Go to next message
Tomas Wall is currently offline Tomas WallFriend
Hi all,

I have two ecore metamodels, and I have used ETL to write the transformations. Now I want to create a mapping between these two metamodels, in order to be able to use it as an input for Higher Order Transformations. I was first thinking of doing that with ecore (create a mapping metamodel in Ecore), but I was wondering do you have any examples on how that is done? Moreover, does Epsilon provide any features to easily define this mapping from the transformations that I already have?

Many thanks,
Tomas
Re: Mapping model for transformation with Epsilon [message #1844308 is a reply to message #1844304] Wed, 08 September 2021 14:46 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Tomas,

Using Ecore to define a mapping language sounds very reasonable. You can parse and process your ETL transformation (e.g. to populate a mapping model from the information in it) as shown in [1].

Best,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/run-epsilon-from-java/#analysing-epsilon-programs
Previous Topic:Generating plugins with dependent models using Eugenia
Next Topic:Transform multiple elements in one
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:01:52 GMT 2024