Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Generating plugins with dependent models using Eugenia
Generating plugins with dependent models using Eugenia [message #1844196] Mon, 06 September 2021 07:50 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I have a workflow to generate standard plugins for EMF. A number of the ecore models have dependencies on other ecore models. I get the Eugenia compilation of these dependent models to work by registering the generated reuse target models (ecore files) in the epsilon model registry. However, I find that Eugenia does not move the model files to the plugin targets and consequently does not register the genmodel in the extension point. I can fix these issues up by scripting around.

However, the build duplicates the model code, placing a copy of the reuse target model in every client.

How can I specify the build so this works correctly short of installing the reuse target model plugins into the target platform ?

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2021 07:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generating plugins with dependent models using Eugenia [message #1844218 is a reply to message #1844196] Mon, 06 September 2021 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

Seems that I need to add a usedGenPackages= directive in the genmodel. Leads to a two step generation process. I wonder how the model internal dependencies can be used to resolve the plugin dependencies. All the information is there, assuming a one-to-many map from plugin ID to metamodel URI. Interesting challenge.

If someone knows about the semantics of GenModel:foreignModel[*] any help would be welcome. It seems to draw in the registered foreign model on generation.

Also, the Eugenia Paper is very nice.
Re: Generating plugins with dependent models using Eugenia [message #1844257 is a reply to message #1844218] Tue, 07 September 2021 08:59 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Jörn,

> If someone knows about the semantics of GenModel:foreignModel[*] any help would be welcome. It seems to draw in the registered foreign model on generation.

This is also my understanding but for the exact semantics I'd suggest posting a message to the EMF forum.

> Also, the Eugenia Paper is very nice.

Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

Best,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Passing ant properties to Eugenia polishing transformation
Next Topic:Mapping model for transformation with Epsilon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:32:15 GMT 2024