Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EOL Formatter(Quality of Merges of EOL language artifacts)
EOL Formatter [message #1843756] Tue, 17 August 2021 02:32 Go to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

When working collaboratively on EOL-based projects, it would be nice to have common code layout, which essentially requires a formatter. Does such a thing exist, or in lieu of that, are there rule sets for any existing formatter to canonize source code?

After all, indentation is a readability aid for the mental model ;)

Re: EOL Formatter [message #1843757 is a reply to message #1843756] Tue, 17 August 2021 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jörn Guy Süß is currently offline Jörn Guy SüßFriend

I am using uncrustify at the moment, but it does not match up very well. Maybe it can be made to work?
Re: EOL Formatter [message #1843760 is a reply to message #1843757] Tue, 17 August 2021 05:49 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Jörn,

There's no support for code formatting in Epsilon's development tools, and I'm not aware of any rule sets for existing formatters either I'm afraid.

The closest thing we have is unparsers [1] for some of the Epsilon languages, but they are not configurable (e.g. tab size) and they don't retain comments.

Best,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/run-epsilon-from-java/#analysing-epsilon-programs
Previous Topic:How to compare two models to find the difference between them??
Next Topic:[EGL/EGX + Maven]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:49:18 GMT 2024