Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » How to compare two models to find the difference between them??
How to compare two models to find the difference between them?? [message #1843648] Thu, 12 August 2021 04:42 Go to next message
健 林 is currently offline 健 林Friend
Hi,
Background: I am building an ETL-grader which can automated assess the ETL script. I use EUnit to test if the ETL script generates the correct model.
Question: Now I want to compare the output model and the excepted model so that I can show the difference between them, when the test failed. How can I achieve this?
Best wishes,
Jian

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2021 09:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to compare two models to find the difference between them?? [message #1843703 is a reply to message #1843648] Sat, 14 August 2021 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Jian,

This is already computed by EUnit, using EMF Compare - we simply do not save it anywhere at the moment. I will take a stab at a version that allows the EUnit Ant tasks to serialize the EMF Compare differences in XMI form, which you should be able to parse for your own reporting. Here is the Bugzilla issue, in case you would like to follow its development:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=575409

Best,
Antonio
Re: How to compare two models to find the difference between them?? [message #1843708 is a reply to message #1843703] Sat, 14 August 2021 18:00 Go to previous message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

I have pushed a first implementation of this to a new branch. I'll wait for our continuous integration process to validate it and a second read through the branch to merge it.
Previous Topic:How to keep the EUnit test running to find all failures at on time and show what are those failures?
Next Topic:EOL Formatter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:28:41 GMT 2024