Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » How to run eunit for etl on linux
How to run eunit for etl on linux [message #1843125] Fri, 16 July 2021 10:02 Go to next message
健 林 is currently offline 健 林Friend
I am doing a project which will build an ETL-grader. The ETL-grader is used to automatically evaluate the ETL script which is submitted by students. Now, I am trying to write an Eunit test for the ETL script to test if the script is correct. I have already read the relevant examples on the Epsilon website and I find that the Eunit test is easy to run on eclipse. However, the ETL-grader need to be implemented on Linux, which means I need to use command line to execute the Eunit test. I do not know what is need to run the Eunit test on linux. I find that in the example the author use ant task to execute the euint test. Therefore, I am also trying to use ant task to solve this problem, however, there is an error appear which shows an error which is
"BUILD FAILED
/home/jian/Desktop/org.eclipse.epsilon.eunit.examples.etl/build.xml:34: Problem: failed to create task or type epsilon.emf.register
Cause: The name is undefined.".
I think it may mean I need to import or install epsilon.emf. However, I do not know how to do this.
Do I do the correct thing? Could you please tell me how to fix this problem?
Or could you tell me how to run epsilon scripts on Linux?
Re: How to run eunit for etl on linux [message #1843139 is a reply to message #1843125] Fri, 16 July 2021 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

Does this help? https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/running-epsilon-ant-tasks-from-command-line/ (you may have to replace 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT with 2.3.0 in some of the examples).

Best,
Dimitris
Re: How to run eunit for etl on linux [message #1843148 is a reply to message #1843139] Fri, 16 July 2021 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Dimitris,
Yes! Thank you very much.
Best wishes,
Jian
Re: How to run eunit for etl on linux [message #1843243 is a reply to message #1843148] Wed, 21 July 2021 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Dimitris,
I want to output how many mistakes and what are those mistakes in the ETL script. Does the EUnit have functions which are similar with org.junit.runner and org.junit.runner.notification?
Best wishes,
Jian
Re: How to run eunit for etl on linux [message #1843244 is a reply to message #1843243] Wed, 21 July 2021 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Jian,

As this is a different question, could you please start a new thread?

Best,
Dimitris
Re: How to run eunit for etl on linux [message #1843248 is a reply to message #1843244] Wed, 21 July 2021 12:16 Go to previous message
Dear Dimitris,
Sure.
Thank you,
Jian
Previous Topic:Is it possible to generate a set of files using EGL/EGX?
Next Topic:How to get the information of all failures when running the EUnit test?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:56:07 GMT 2024