Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to add theme switching support, for standalone app.(eclipse plugin, mission control, theme)
How to add theme switching support, for standalone app. [message #1842113] Wed, 09 June 2021 13:32
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I am using JDK Mission Control as a standalone application, and I noticed the application has a theme setting (in the Appearance pane) but the themes are empty.

index.php/fa/40598/0/

But when used as a plugin, the theme list is filled with the usual (dark, system, light, classic). And Eclipse discover when to applies the dark theme (in particular on macOS)

index.php/fa/40599/0/

Disclaimer I am a complete novice to PDE development, so I have been reading here and there about theme:

Yet I can't connect the dots at this point to make this happen.

I understand that the app is configured to use the default theme which is the light theme.

application/org.openjdk.jmc.rcp.application/plugin.xml, extension org.eclipse.core.runtime.products
        <property
         		name="cssTheme"
         		value="org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.theme.e4_default">

So from there I am not sure how to proceed, some tutorials are years old. For example when I try to add org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.theme extension point it isn't found.

The sources are here : https://github.com/openjdk/jmc

Note at this point I would like to only make the standalone reuse the themes that ships with Eclipse.
Maybe at some point it might be worth investigating to tweak them, but I am there yet.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the missing name, I think the forum is out of sync with the eclipse account system. I am Brice

[Updated on: Wed, 09 June 2021 13:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Listen to plugin uninstall hook
Next Topic:Target Platform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:49:44 GMT 2024