Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Epsilon in Papyrus RT RCP
Epsilon in Papyrus RT RCP [message #1841667] Tue, 25 May 2021 11:28 Go to next message
Tomas Wall is currently offline Tomas WallFriend
Hi all,

I am working with Papyrus RT RCP, and I want to use Epsilon for some model transformations. However, being that Papyrus RT RCP is based on an old version of Eclipse, I wonder if there will be any issues with Papyrus RT RCP supporting Epsilon.

Any insight is highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Re: Epsilon in Papyrus RT RCP [message #1841668 is a reply to message #1841667] Tue, 25 May 2021 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Tomas,

I can't think of any issues off the top of my head but in case you do need to use an older version of Epsilon, we have archived update sites going all the way back to 2014 under [1].

Best,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/download/1.x/#archived-update-sites
Re: Epsilon in Papyrus RT RCP [message #1841673 is a reply to message #1841668] Tue, 25 May 2021 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Wall is currently offline Tomas WallFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for your answer. I was just trying to write some model transformation using ETL in Papyrus RCP now. I wrote some very simple rules (for now I just want to see how well they can be integrated together), but I am stuck at the part where I have to run configuration and have to choose the source and target models. In Papyrus RCP you can create both graphical and textual editors (just create a file with the .umlrt extension) on the runtime, but nothing shows up when I try to choose a source and target metamodel (I do not have access to the metamodels).

I am sorry if this questions is not for this forum, but just thought you might know something.

Thanks,
Tomas!
Re: Epsilon in Papyrus RT RCP [message #1841677 is a reply to message #1841673] Tue, 25 May 2021 14:03 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

In the EMF model configuration dialog of your run configuration you can use the "Add URI..." button to select your input/output metamodels from registered EPackages.

Best,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:EOL
Next Topic:Embedding EOL using xtext in a Sirius VSM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:10:33 GMT 2024