Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » secure password and user name in persistence.xml(eclipseLink properties in java SE application )
secure password and user name in persistence.xml [message #1838124] Tue, 16 February 2021 23:04 Go to next message
sar hoang is currently offline sar hoangFriend
Hi,

for a java application I'm using eclipselink with postgresql.
I put the password and username for the postgresql in the persistence.xml file It's not the best way I don't want to put those informations in this file and I want to use either the environnement variables (System.getProperty(PASSWD) for example where PASSWD is stored in a config file. or at least and encrypted passwd
I'm running the application on local server for the moment and It's not allowed to use JBoss.

Thank you for your help
Re: secure password and user name in persistence.xml [message #1844636 is a reply to message #1838124] Sun, 19 September 2021 14:57 Go to previous message
Christian Eugster is currently offline Christian EugsterFriend
Use a encryption library to store the encrypted values of username and password. e.g. jasypt. Or store username and password in a custom config file, e.g. stored in the user.home directory.
Previous Topic:JAXB throws Marshall Exception with message A descriptor with default root element was not found
Next Topic:MOXy - Json - Remove brackets from collection members
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:22:30 GMT 2024