Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Customizing GMF Diagram + Palette(Correct way to construct another diagram)
Customizing GMF Diagram + Palette [message #1796156] Sun, 07 October 2018 11:44
PM PC is currently offline PM PCFriend
Hi there,

I've been looking through all the files generated by EMF and I noticed a couple of things:

- The Canvas to be constructed is included in .gmfgraph
- The Palette to be used is located in .gmftool
- The Diagram to be constructed is in .gmfgen

The thing is the options to add a new Diagram or a new Canvas are disabled. I also wanted to customize the Palette Standard Group (which contains Selection, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Notes) with a new button. This button would have the feature to navigate to the other diagram.

In resume, when launching the Eclipse EMF Application and by adding a new A.Diagram, 3 files would have to be generated:

default.A (which contains the different views: Selection, Parent, List, Tree, Table, Tree with Columns - Metamodel A)
default.A_diagram (GMF Editor - Metamodel A)
default.A_newDiagram (GMF Editor - Metamodel A)

default.A_diagram should be able to navigate to default.A_newDiagram and vice-versa.

The reason I want to do this is to choose some model elements on the new diagram that would perform some operations on the other diagram and highlight them.

Can I get some ideas from you guys? Maybe I described quite a complex task here, instead of separating it by smaller parts.

Thanks in advance
Previous Topic:GMF Editor
Next Topic:GMF Transformation *.gmfmap to *.gmfgen fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:41:38 GMT 2024