Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » MultiPageEditorPart not found when testing RCP app(MultiPageEditorPart not found when testing RCP app)
MultiPageEditorPart not found when testing RCP app [message #1785861] Fri, 20 April 2018 20:44
Bill Blalock is currently offline Bill BlalockFriend
I have converted a set of plugins for a RCP application in Eclipse 3.8.2 to 4.7 I used the compatibility layer. It worked after adding the org.eclips.equinox.ds, .event,, .util and org.eclipse.e4.workbench.addons.swt plugins. I tested it out. So far, so good.

I made changes to a MultiPageEditor. I tested it before the changes. Now these errors are shown:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in com.cprs.sysmon.xfr.maintxfrctl_id was unable to load class com.cprs.sysmon.xfr.maintxfrctl.xfrctl00editor.Xfrctl00Editor.
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/ui/part/MultiPageEditorPart
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart cannot be found by org.eclipse.ui.forms_3.7.101.v20170815-1446
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:484)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:395)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:387)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:150)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 146 more

I did not change plugin.xml. The required plugins are listed in the Dependencies tab. I searched for similar errors and came across suggestions to delete and reload the plugins. That doesn't work.

The manifest bundle list includes the org.eclipse.ui bundles which I think are require:

Require-Bundle: com.cprs.sysmon.support_id;bundle-version="1.1.1",
com.cprs.sysmon.preferences_id;bundle-version="1.6.5",
org.eclipse.core.databinding;bundle-version="1.6.100",
org.eclipse.core.databinding.beans;bundle-version="1.4.0",
org.eclipse.core.resources;bundle-version="3.12.0",
org.eclipse.core.runtime;bundle-version="3.13.0",
org.eclipse.jface.databinding;bundle-version="1.8.100",
org.eclipse.ui;bundle-version="3.109.0",
org.eclipse.ui.forms;bundle-version="3.7.101",
org.eclipse.ui.workbench;bundle-version="3.110.1"

I have spent several hours on this, searched with Google and in Eclipse Forums.

Do you have any ideas about what is happening?

Thanks

Previous Topic:Plug-in install on other Eclipses
Next Topic:PDS Filter Creation using API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:05:43 GMT 2024