Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » No Application Id found(No Application Id found error starting with Java 1.7_45)
No Application Id found [message #1784988] Fri, 06 April 2018 15:53
Rajiv Pattanaik is currently offline Rajiv PattanaikFriend
I have been struggling with this error for some time. I have gone over discussions on this topic in this forum. My issue seems to be different.

We have an RIA with Eclipse RCP 3.6.2. This runs fine through javaws on Java 1.7.0. We recently decided to upgrade to Java 8. Now the same code breaks with 'No Application Id found'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-04-04 16:39:19.022
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)

The plugins are built with 32 bit Arch on 32 bit Eclipse with 3.6.2 plugins (IBM RAD actually) with 32 bit SWT and running in 32 bit Java.

To get it to work with higher versions of Java I added Permissions, Application-name attributes. I started to experiment with different versions of Java. I saw it works up until Java 1.7 update 40 and breaks with versions thereafter.

I also tried the following to see if it works with Java 8.
Imported project to Eclipse Luna 32 bit, had the target environment defined to use 32 bit 3.6 plugins with architecture set to 32 bit and launcher/SWT using 32 bit plugins. When I export the product, the product launches fine. When I export Deployable Features and launch through javaws, I get the error.

Like I said, the launch breaks with java 1.7 update 45. I do see that additional attributes are needed with update 45. I added permissions and application-name but not codebase. I see that missing code base is a warning. I have also set the security level to 'medium'. I will try adding the codebase as well to see if it makes a difference.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks
Previous Topic:How to set chaild of org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer as dirty
Next Topic:Plug-in install on other Eclipses
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:30:40 GMT 2024