Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » [Feature Proposal / Discussion] Enhance Analysis of compile-time classpath(I want to propose an feature to enhance the the root cause analysis capabilities in case of unwanted jars in the plugins classpath )
[Feature Proposal / Discussion] Enhance Analysis of compile-time classpath [message #1770516] Sun, 13 August 2017 18:31
Sebastian Sickelmann is currently offline Sebastian SickelmannFriend
In the last few weeks i saw people struggle with further development of an existing target platform. Admittedly "the old" target plattform was not in the best shape (many unneeded and undreamed-of reexports, unknown build-processes of existing binary-plugins), so as I tried to help I also ran into the same nightmare of changing on piece of the classpath-universe just to see that it has not the wanted effect of eliminating an old unwanted version of a library.

I want to suggest an additional mode to the DependecyView that is able to show the resulting compile-classpath and the posibility to trace the reverse dependecy-chain for each jar in the classpath to its providing plugin.

But before I will try to implement it , I want to discuss the feature with this forum. So any thought about the proposed feature or any existing capability to enable the analyse is welcome.

--
Sebastian
Previous Topic:Code folding, where is my problem?
Next Topic:Alert messaging
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:30:44 GMT 2024