Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How do I install the PDE examples?(PDE Examples are not obvious to install.)
How do I install the PDE examples? [message #1768786] Sun, 23 July 2017 21:40
Bill White is currently offline Bill WhiteFriend
I'm trying to write the world's simplest eclipse plugin. I am trying to install the examples. In particular, I want to install the InfoViewer example, which seems to be the second one in the docs, after HelloWorld.

I followed the instructions about installing the SDK Examples from the Eclipse web site. That installs the plugins as plugins. I want to be able to install them as projects, not as plugins. The source is in there someplace, but it's not clear how to get it out and use it as a project.

I also tried importing the jar file, and importing the the embedded jar file. That got me the sources as .java files. But the project doesn't have a manifest or plugin.xml file. So I am stymied.

I suppose I could unpack the jar file, find the java source code, create a new project, copy the java source code, manifest files and plugin.xlm files into the new project and create it that way. But it seems like there ought to be an easier way. There ought to be a way to extract the sources from a jar file.

I apologize for asking such a tyro question, but it doesn't seem obvious to me, and an hour or so of google searches has not turned up an obvious answer.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:RCP 3 Fragment does not resolve classes in the host
Next Topic:Tutorial to implement eclipse outline content provider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:26:07 GMT 2024