Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Lyo » OslcClient hangs while updating ChangeRequest
OslcClient hangs while updating ChangeRequest [message #1756282] Tue, 14 March 2017 22:17 Go to next message
Matthias Buettgen is currently offline Matthias BuettgenFriend
Hi there,

I'm currently implementing a tool which requires multiple updates on various ChangeRequests in Rational Team Concert. It's strange but the update of the ChangeRequests works for the first two items without any problems. When the third update is processed the the process hangs. I debugged into the code and guess it's problem with the Apache Wink Client. Are there any known issues or does someone out there have a work-around to solve the problem.

It's possible to reproduce the problem using the following code (the work items really exist):

int counter = 189;
for (int i = 0; i <= 10; i++)
{

String url = "https://localhost:9443/ccm/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/" + counter;
cChangeRequest cr = client.getResource(url).getEntity(ChangeRequest.class);
ClientResponse updateResponse = client.updateResource(url, cr, OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML,
OslcMediaType.APPLICATION_RDF_XML);

if ( updateResponse.getStatusCode() != HttpStatus.SC_OK) {
System.err.println("ERROR: Could not update the work item (status " + updateResponse.getStatusCode() + ")\n");
System.err.println(updateResponse.getEntity(String.class));
System.exit(1);
}
counter++;
}

Kind regards
Matthias
Re: OslcClient hangs while updating ChangeRequest [message #1756284 is a reply to message #1756282] Tue, 14 March 2017 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrii BerezovskyiFriend
Hello Matthias,

Thank you for using Lyo. We need a bit more information to be able to help you. What are your dependency versions?

Please file a bug on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Lyo with the output of `mvn dependency:tree`.

Also, we are going to release 2.1.2 in the coming days, so it will be especially useful if you could try 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT dependencies instead of what you are using now.

-Andrew.

Best regards,
Andrew
Eclipse Lyo project lead & OSLC Core TC voting member
Re: OslcClient hangs while updating ChangeRequest [message #1756348 is a reply to message #1756284] Wed, 15 March 2017 16:51 Go to previous message
Matthias Buettgen is currently offline Matthias BuettgenFriend
Hi Andrew.

For the time-being I'm using the version marked as 3.0.0-Snapshot. Anyway, I found the problem. I forgot to implement a consumeContent after the update of a ChangeRequest.

I also switched temporary to the 2.1.2 branch but I recognize that there are some changes which didn't work with my current code.

Thanks for your answer and best regards
Matthias
Previous Topic:Error when running stock quote example
Next Topic:Version 3.0.0 of lyo ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 20:09:06 GMT 2024