Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF Parsley » FeatureCaptionProvider(featureCaptionProvider has no effects)
FeatureCaptionProvider [message #1746165] Mon, 24 October 2016 11:41 Go to next message
Michael Shamiyeh is currently offline Michael ShamiyehFriend
Hello EMF-Parsley community,
I just started using parsley and have to say: Great stuff, very useful framework!
I managed to create a first e4-based example application containing a part with a SaveableTreeFormView and some minor customizations (a labelProvider for custom icons). Unfortunately I got stuck somehow right now: Adding a featureCaptionProvider and a formControlFactory to the DSL had no effects on the form appearence. (However, the labelProvider is working fine).

labelProvider {
		image {
			Library -> "Library_16.png"
		}
	}

featureCaptionProvider {
		text {
			Library : owner -> "Owner:"
			Library : creationDate -> "Created on:"
		}
	}

formControlFactory {
		control {
			Library : creationDate -> { createDateTime(SWT::BORDER) }target observeSelection()
		}
	}

Has anybody an idea of what could be wrong? Gladly, I give more information about my example application, if needed!
Many thanks in advance,
cheers
Michael
Re: FeatureCaptionProvider [message #1746258 is a reply to message #1746165] Wed, 26 October 2016 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Hi Michael

thank you for your interest in Parsley!

By "has no effect" what do you mean? The features (and their captions) are not shown at all? Or are they shown with the default behavior? Are these features transient, derived or something else? Because not all the features are automatically shown in the form (e.g., derived and transient).

Could you please share parts of your code?

cheers
Lorenzo

Re: FeatureCaptionProvider [message #1746287 is a reply to message #1746165] Wed, 26 October 2016 13:11 Go to previous message
Michael Shamiyeh is currently offline Michael ShamiyehFriend
Hi Lorenzo,
thanks for your reply.
By "no effects" I mean that the features and their captions are shown with default behavior.

In the meantime I found the error: i had attributes with names starting with a capital letter (Library: Owner (EString), CreationDate (EDate)) in my sample ecore model. Within the DSL, the content assist suggests the attributes starting with a lowercase letter. Customizations concerning those attributes had no effect. However, after renaming the attributes in the model my example code works as expected!

Thanks again for your reply,
cheers
Michael

Previous Topic:Dialog enhancement
Next Topic:Support for StyledLabelProvider or how to use StyledStrings in LabelProviders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:49:23 GMT 2024