Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » How to configure buckminster to not use default JDK to compile durring build?
How to configure buckminster to not use default JDK to compile durring build? [message #1647057] Tue, 03 March 2015 08:26 Go to next message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
I'm creating a build job on jenkins, the main part of it is a buckminster launch:
http://i.stack.imgur.com/b97X4.png

The job requires Java 1.8 and it's integrated JavaFX. The servers JAVA_HOME points to a Java 1.7 and all other jobs use that JDK.
So I configured a 1.8 JDK in the Jenkins system configuration and added it to the specific job:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/gdEdL.png

Now when I run the job I get the following log (anonymised):

$ C:/Progra~1/Java/jdk1.8.0_40\bin\java.exe -Dbuckminster.output.root=PATH_TO_OUTPUT\buckminster.output -Dbuckminster.temp.root=PATH_TO_TEMP\buckminster.temp -Dworkspace=PATH_TO_WORKSPACE -Dqualifier=${QUALIFIER} -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -jar PATH_TO_BUCKMINSTER\buckminster4.4.0\buckminster\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar -application org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.headless -data PATH_TO_WORKSPACE --loglevel info -S PATH_TO_COMMANDS\commands.txt

INFO: setpref 'targetPlatformPath=PATH_TO_TARGETPLATFORM/targetPlatform'
INFO: import 'PATH_TO_CQUERY/site.cquery'
INFO: Import complete.
INFO: build
Error: file PATH_TO_CLASS\TargetController.java, line 11: The import javafx cannot be resolved

... lot more of there errors

Warning: file PATH_TO_MANIFEST\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF, line 98: The JRE container on the classpath is not a perfect match to the 'JavaSE-1.8' execution environment

So this indicates that the buckminster "build" is not using the configured JDK 1.8 eventhough it is beeing started with "C:/Progra~1/Java/jdk1.8.0_40\bin\java.exe".

The question is how do I configure buckminster to use my 1.8 JDK?

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Re: How to configure buckminster to not use default JDK to compile durring build? [message #1647091 is a reply to message #1647057] Tue, 03 March 2015 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Flavio,

Did you try using

setpref complianceLevel=1.8

- thomas

On 2015-03-03 09:26, Flavio Donze wrote:
> I'm creating a build job on jenkins, the main part of it is a buckminster launch:
>
>
> The job requires Java 1.8 and it's integrated JavaFX. The servers JAVA_HOME points to a Java 1.7 and all other jobs use
> that JDK.
> So I configured a 1.8 JDK in the Jenkins system configuration and added it to the specific job:
>
>
>
> Now when I run the job I get the following log (anonymised):
>
> $ C:/Progra~1/Java/jdk1.8.0_40\bin\java.exe -Dbuckminster.output.root=PATH_TO_OUTPUT\buckminster.output
> -Dbuckminster.temp.root=PATH_TO_TEMP\buckminster.temp -Dworkspace=PATH_TO_WORKSPACE -Dqualifier=${QUALIFIER} -Xmx1024m
> -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -jar
> PATH_TO_BUCKMINSTER\buckminster4.4.0\buckminster\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar
> -application org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.headless -data PATH_TO_WORKSPACE --loglevel info -S
> PATH_TO_COMMANDS\commands.txt
>
> INFO: setpref 'targetPlatformPath=PATH_TO_TARGETPLATFORM/targetPlatform'
> INFO: import 'PATH_TO_CQUERY/site.cquery'
> INFO: Import complete.
> INFO: build
> Error: file PATH_TO_CLASS\TargetController.java, line 11: The import javafx cannot be resolved
>
> ... lot more of there errors
>
> Warning: file PATH_TO_MANIFEST\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF, line 98: The JRE container on the classpath is not a perfect
> match to the 'JavaSE-1.8' execution environment
>
> So this indicates that the buckminster "build" is not using the configured JDK 1.8 eventhough it is beeing started with
> "C:/Progra~1/Java/jdk1.8.0_40\bin\java.exe".
>
> The question is how do I configure buckminster to use my 1.8 JDK?
Re: How to configure buckminster to not use default JDK to compile durring build? [message #1647131 is a reply to message #1647091] Tue, 03 March 2015 09:12 Go to previous message
Flavio Donze is currently offline Flavio DonzeFriend
Hi Thomas

Yes I did and did again now. Does not have any effect, same errors.

greets
Flavio

Prozessmanagement und Qualitätsmanagement Software QMS/IMS
https://www.scodi.ch
Previous Topic:No component named de.toem.impulse.installation:osgi.bundle$null is known to Buckminster
Next Topic:resolving cquery is very slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:23:45 GMT 2024