EPF Composer 1.0.2 Downloads (Archived)
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP or 2003
- Red Hat Enteprise Linux, SUSE Enterprise Linux, and possibly others
Mozilla or Firefox
- Java Runtime Environment 1.4.2 or later
- EPF 1.0.2 is the latest release with a collection of bugfixes in the 1.0.x stream.
- EPF 1.0.2a for Win32 works around Bugzilla 150782 by bundling a special patched SWT plugin in the base RCP environment.
Defects addressed in EPF 1.0.2
- Link to Bugzilla for a list of bugs fixed.
Defects addressed in EPF 188.8.131.52
- Bug 166048: check-items, task-steps don't appear when using the publishing type "publish the processes selected below"'
- Bug 168115: Act det diag gets scattered and tasks change places
Defects addressed in EPF 184.108.40.206
- Bug 160991: Sort configuration while creating new process
- Bug 162025: EPF does not show Main Description fields for some guidance elements (fixed on Linux systems only)
- Bug 162154: Circular references are possible with artifacts and practices
- Bug 162338: Suppressed tasks appear in the published site but not in Browsing perspective
- Bug 162647: Problem with sorting elements in a published process
- Bug 162603: Replacing disciplines appear inside their replaced elements
- Bug 162712: Work product descriptors and role descriptors are not sorted alphabetically
- Bug 162969: Need to fix regular expressions in external links
- Bug 162123: Properly close out those Eclipse projects used during the import/export
- Bug 162783: Publish team information in Work Breakdown Structure for TDs
- Bug 163146: Need to provide "Team" information in the consolidated view of the process editor
- Bug 163151: Provide sorting for elements under modelInfo in the process editor
- Bug 163476: Optional, External input, and some rows should not be empty
- Bug 163885: Circular links appear when publishing Supporting Materials which contribute to parent Supporting Materials
- Bug 163995: Error message appears while upgrading library from an older version
New in EPF 1.0.1
- Native Language support for Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish
- Bug Fixes. See section on Defects Fixed for more details.
- EPF 1.0.1a for Win32 addresses Bugzilla 150782 in the build environment.
New in EPF 1.0
- Configurations are managed as independent units - ability to change configurations easily in a CM environment
- Disciplines Nesting - provide hierarchies of Disciplines just as Domains
- Separation between localContribution and Contribution in processes
Process Editing Features
- Activity Variability - create plug-ins for existing processes
- Deep Copy - obtain local copy of an entire pattern
- Local Replace Deep Copy - turns a green process branch into black
- Process Synchronization - synchronize process against changes in method content
- Change types of Activities - turn a Capability Pattern into a Phase, an Iteration into an Activity
- Process-centric publishing - publish only the method content that is used by published processes
- Redundant Descriptors publishing - publish descriptors including all content from related method content elements
- Publish base activity diagrams for extending elements
- XML Import/Export - migrate content from other sources
- Configuration Management Support - use EPF with a versioning system
- Problem Reports - find and eliminate inconsistent references in the library
Usability and UI Improvements
- Numerous usability and UI enhancements - Breadcrumbs for Processes, Tree browser without folders, Less cluttered processes, Convert broken hyperlinks to normal text, Improved publication logs, Tailor WBS appearance
- The OpenUP 0.9 library is bundled in this release.
- Cheatsheets and Online Help are not localized.
- Refer to the detailed CM Support Notes for caveats and usability issues on CM Support in EPF Composer.
Linux Installation Instructions
- Expand the downloaded archive file
- Set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to the directory of Mozilla or Firefox libraries
- Change to epf-composer folder
- Start the program named epf
It may be necessary to use the -vm argument to point EPF Composer at the correct JRE
Example: ./epf -vm /usr/local/j2re1.4.2/bin/java
Windows Installation Instructions
- Expand the downloaded zip file
- Change to epf-composer folder and start the program named epf.exe
|EPF 1.0.2a (Win32)||Download||40 MB||5 March 2007|
|EPF 1.0.2 (Linux/GTK)||Download||40 MB||5 March 2007|
|EPF 220.127.116.11 (Win32)||Download||40 MB||13 December 2006|
|EPF 18.104.22.168 (Linux/GTK)||Download||40 MB||13 December 2006|
|EPF 22.214.171.124 (Win32)||Download||40 MB||4 December 2006|
|EPF 126.96.36.199 (Linux/GTK)||Download||40 MB||4 December 2006|
|EPF 1.0.1a (Win32)||Download||40 MB||31 October 2006|
|EPF 1.0.1 (Linux/GTK)||Download||40 MB||30 October 2006|
NLS Plugin and Feature Overlay Download
|NLS Pack for EPF 1.0.1 and 1.0.1.x||Download||5 MB||1 November 2006|