Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) Model Validation
EMF model validation provides the following capabilities:
- Constraint Definition - Provides API for defining constraints for any EMF meta-model (batch and live constraints).
- Customizable model traversal algorithms - Extensibility API to support meta-models that require custom strategies for model traversal.
- Constraint parsing for languages - Provides support for parsing the content of constraint elements defined in specific languages. The validation framework provides support for two languages: Java and OCL.
- Configurable constraint bindings to application contexts - API support to define "client contexts" that describe the objects that need to be validated and to bind them to constraints that need to be enforced on these objects.
- Validation listeners - Support for listening to validation events.
Development is underway for the proposed EMF Validation 1.11.0 release for Eclipse Oxygen, due June 2017.
EMF Validation 1.10.0 Now Available
June 22, 2016 - EMF Validation 1.10.0 for Eclipse Neon has been released. Check the Download page.