Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Access code: 173098#
Full list of phone numbers
Call Time: 8:00 AM Pacific; 11:00 AM Eastern; 1500 UTC
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev: Y
Announcements and General Business
Any objections to releasing M-3.2.1-20100725060634
There were no objections.
Raghu has prepared one, will create subprojects by Thursday. See 'standard-project-plans\indigo\wtp-plan.xml'. TODO: get dates, for WTP milestones, EMO/Planning Council.
For reference, see the Eclipse plan
Raghu committed to 7/29
We briefly discussed possible themes (just possible ... needs more, wider discussion):
- improve Java EE 6 support
- e4 (Eclipse 4.1) tolerance (no explotation of non compatible function planned)
- Maven enablement support (at least make more friendly for maven users, if not direct support)
- OSGi enterprise support
- Top 10 list of problems to focus on. deadlocks? performance? modularity? test coverage?
I think our WTP M1 will be around 8/13.
We discussed having only two themes in templates, Java EE 6, and e4 tolerance ... but discuss others with PLs. To get some "bottom up" input. We discussed possibility of doing polls or other "public input", but not right away, as the main driving factor is resources to do the work ... not lack of knowing what is important ... and easy to give wrong impression of asking for input, then ignoring it.
Future Agenda items
- Retrospect Helios quick maintenance release. Does it mean we weren't ready to release? Any way to improve timing in future?
- Disuss our model and assignments of "PMC Roles". Do they still make sense?
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.