- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: N
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev: Y
- Roy Ganor
Announcements and General Business
- Discuss ATF project
Good discussion with Roy on reasons, or not, to 'move' ATF to Tools Top Level project. In particular, discussed some misconceptions of "contraints" of being in WTP ... for example, subprojects do not have to be "on simultraneous train", they do not have to release all at together. Several examples over past year (xsl, dali).
We discussed how some there might be reasons to move, stated in a positive way, that it could add community-perceived freshness to what's been a stagnent project, increased "publiciity" could attract other contributors, and could be since PHP is already in Tools, there might be some psychological simplicity to have developer teams under same TL.
key dates have been set.
Need to start docuware soon
- PMC Reviews
- PAVE review scheduled, June 2.
Will be delayed while discussions/meetings take place with Platform team to see what synergy there is there.
Reports, Actions, Issues
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Raghu noted we should remind PLs to update plans every milestone.
- Planning Process Document has been started.
- Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message (and elsewhere).
- WTP Requirements Lead Role
Planning: David Williams
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
Quality: Neil Hauge
Architecture: Tim deBoer
Tim still owes writeup of tips on how to get started.
Education: Naci Dai
Naci reports web pages for education materials are about ready. He is writing article, as deadline is in December. Raghu was only response he got for being interested in contributing too.
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci Reports continuing to work on articles
Working with Ian to do a press release on education materials. Prior or concurrent with EclipseCon
Other projects to watch:
- WTP @ GSoC 2009. There are two project accepted:
- Index search for Java EE metadata - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=233505>
- Embed OpenEJB in J2EE Preview server adapter - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=265952
- SCA Tools
- EMFT Texo project proposal
- Maven Integration
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.