Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Access code: 173098#
Full list of phone numbers
Time: 1500 UTC
- David Williams: N
- Naci Dai: N
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev: Y
Announcements and General Business
2 days, 30 sponsors
surprisingly well attended, 400+ attendees
Kaloyan gave WTP update to about 40-50 attendees, but not much general interest in WTP
good quality and content of other talks
interest in embedded devices (OSGi, runtime) and Eclipse plugin development
Cameron attended too, modeling was also an interest
- Discussed opportunities with a course at York University
- Neil raised issues with Dali moving to new validation framework, Tim
will ask Gary to follow up with help
Reports, Actions, Issues
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- API Tools. Tim to investigate and make recommendations to teams.
- Tim investigated API tools. There is a wizard that adds a builder to each
plugin you select to add API tools support. There were some minor changes to move
up to the tools (e.g. adding @noimplement javadoc tag) and taking a baseline,
but it did catch missing @since tags, broken API, plugin versions that
should be incremented, etc. Would recommend for 3.1 development.
- Next step is to try with plugins that have more API issues, non-internal
packages that shouldn't be public, etc. to see if the impact to development
teams is acceptable.
- Also need to investigate build impact.
Education: Naci Dai
Naci reports web pages for education materials are about ready. He is writing article, as deadline is in
December. Raghu was only response he got for being interested in contributing too.
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci was approached (and countered) with some proposed articles for Eclipse (online) magazine [need link. only
one I found last published in 2007?] Naci will invite authors for a series of articles for "WTP Uncovered":
- web developer tools (xml, xsl, html, css)
- web applications with Java (jsf, jsp, server)
- enterprise application (jpa/ejb)
- soa, webservices
- adopters/extending (maybe)
Naci updated us today: Publisher would like all articles in one issue (for an issued focused on WTP). Online
version would be in English. Print version would be translated to German. They'd like one overview article less than
20,000 words, and 4 shorter, but more focused article on specific areas, each less than 10,000 words
Naci will have some Eductation site/materials ready next week.
New Bugzilla component created: "Education".
We will publish education materials under Creative
Commons -- Attribution Share Alike but still EPL for sample code, examples and snippets.
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Raghu noted we should remind PLs to update plans every milestone.
Planning Process Document has been started.
Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message
Discussed options for including milestone dates and common info in project milestone plans vs linking to the overall WTP plan.
Planning: David Williams
long term items to track
- XUL Runner IP nearing completion
Quality: Neil Hauge
- See previous notes for statistics.
It is be important for us to do by 'sub-project' to compare within our own WTP projects, as well as to other
top level ones
- Neil investigating "close old bugs" policy.
- Neil has estimated approximately 800 bugs (of 2000 untargeted bugs) could be considered "old bugs". He'll
prepare a table and note to send to project with encouragement to PLs to handle ... something like either triage
individually and assign a target, or mark with 'helpwanted' or mark in mass with a kind comment to re-open if still
an issue (with reason for the mass update, etc.).
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
bugs to watch
Other projects to watch:
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.