Reports, Actions, Issues
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Planning Process Document has been started.
Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message (and elsewhere).
Raghu's Preliminary Note (to PMC PLs)
As you all know, we need to create the project plan for WTP-Galileo in the standard project plan format provided by the Foundation. We also need to create a plan for each subproject. So I have created the first cut of the plan for most of the active subprojects in WTP.
I need you to update the projectplanurl field for your project from the Eclipse Portal. For help, see the HOWTO/Project_Meta-Data. I dont have the permission to update this for all the subprojects. Once you do that, you can view the plan by going to the standard home for your project, For example, see the one for webtools as a whole, scroll down to the Project Plan section and click on the link that says, "pending standard form".
I would appreciate if you could try this and report your findings at the PMC call tomorrow. I (and David) have had mixed experiences in viewing this file and hence I want you to test it out before I mail this to all the other leads.
Following are the URLs to use for each of the subprojects:
- EJB Tools:
- Server Tools:
For the community to consume, I am hoping I can aggregate the plans to one plan.
Planning: David Williams
M2 Problems and problems with our build rhymes? HELP!
long term items to track
- ?Pre 1.0 release of ATF component mid October?
- JPT 2.1 (need release review)
- 2009, Galileo Release
Quality: Neil Hauge
- Neil investigating "close old bugs" policy.
- Neil has estimated approximately 800 bugs (of 2000 untargeted bugs) could be considered "old bugs". He'll prepare a table and note to send to project with encouragement to PLs to handle ... something like either triage individually and assign a target, or mark with 'helpwanted' or mark in mass with a kind comment to re-open if still an issue (with reason for the mass update, etc.).
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
Architecture: Tim deBoer
Education: Naci Dai
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci was approached (and countered) with some proposed articles for Eclipse (online) magazine [need link. only one I found last published in 2007?] Naci will invite authors for a series of articles for "WTP Uncovered":
- web developer tools (xml, xsl, html, css)
- web applications with Java (jsf, jsp, server)
- enterprise application (jpa/ejb)
- soa, webservices
- adopters/extending (maybe)
Naci updated us today: Publisher would like all articles in one issue (for an issued focused on WTP). Online version would be in English. Print version would be translated to German. They'd like one overview article less than 20,000 words, and 4 shorter, but more focused article on specific areas, each less than 10,000 words
Naci will have some Eductation site/materials ready next week. He'll likely create a new bugzilla component ("Education"? I assume under the main Web Tools "product")
As mentioned last week, we'll publish education materials under Creative Commons -- Attribution Share Alike but still EPL for sample code, examples and snippets.
bugs to watch
Other projects to watch:
- Eclipse World
Raghu and Neil have submitted.
- Eclipse European Summit.
Kaloyan "wtp project"
Naci will attend but (probably) not present.
Neil has submitted for Dali (and Eclipse link)
Cameron and JSF
- EclipseCon 2009. September we'll start recruiting talks.
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.