- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev R
Announcements and General Business
- Release review still scheduled WTP Incubator XSL 0.5 Release Review
- Release 3.0.1 readiness?
PMC agreed we were not quite ready and should delay one week to make sure quality was where it should be
- Creative Common License - Attribution-Share Alike
Will be working with Eclipse Foundation to confirm this license fits within their policies
Reports, Actions, Issues
Education: Naci Dai
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci was approached (and countered) with some proposed articles for Eclipse (online) magazine [need link. only one I found last published in 2007?] Naci will invite authors for a series of articles for "WTP Uncovered":
- web developer tools (xml, xsl, html, css)
- web applications with Java (jsf, jsp, server)
- enterpise application (jpa/ejb)
- soa, webservices
- adopters/extending (maybe)
Planning: David Williams
- 3.0.1 RC3 this Thursday
- Pre 1.0 release of XSL component mid August
- Pre 1.0 release of ATF component mid October
- 3.0.1, 3.0.2 and 3.0.3
- JPT 2.1 ?
- 2009, Galileo Release
- Reminder to be sure to check for "PMC Review" bugs.
- Reminded to be consistent in approving defects (such as getting project lead review, documenting "stop ship" need, etc.
Quality: Neil Hauge
- Neil investigating "close old bugs" policy.
- Neil has estimated approximately 800 bugs (of 2000 untargeted bugs) could be considered "old bugs". He'll prepare a table and note to send to project with encouragement to PLs to handle ... something like either triage individually and assign a target, or mark with 'helpwanted' or mark in mass with a kind comment to re-open if still an issue (with reason for the mass update, etc.).
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
- FYI: XSL team doing walktrough this Wednesday (23rd)
For info and notes of meeting, see XSL Tools UI Preference Review
- Investigating OpenEJB container (from Apache) for quick/easy out of the box testing, etc.
- Kaloyan, on behalf of PMC, will encourage all Project Leads to do a UI walkthrough. Some quick
brainstorming ideas we though of were:
- Webservices: many WS wizards use non-standard wizard UI/graphics (is this "cool", or is this distracting)?
- New Projects/Facets: once again
- Server tools, such as:
Consistent Installable runtimes (make api? suggest common approach in Eclipse, such as for datatools, for consistent user experience)
Server runtimes "effects" many places or properties, such as classpath, module dependancies, project build path. So, are there simpler ways? more consistent ways to set/modify these values?
- JPA: details view vs. property's view vs. outline view. Neil was quick to point out "they were first"
Dali bug 137050
Platform bug 158607
Platform bug 156277
Platform bug 237928
JDT UI bug 154781
Platform bug 162079
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- Will be re-forming group to priortize architecture items for 3.1
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Planning Process Document has been started.
Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message (and elsewhere). Should we adjust ours?
- Eclipse World
Raghu and Neil have submitted.
- Eclipse European Summit. Known cases of presentations to be submitted: Kaloyan "project creation?", Naci will attend but (probably) not present. JPA, probably Shawn probably combined with EclipseLink. JSF, probably Cameron.
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.