WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for April 15, 2008 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for April 15, 2008 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Alternate: 770-615-1247
Access code: 800388#
Full list of phone numbers

Call Time: 1500 UTC

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Naci Dai: N (Regrets)
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y
  • Kaloyan Raev Y

Reports, Actions, Issues

WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev

  • Review "Role Document"
Notes:
  • Working on "use cases" document, for novice user. Should be ready for public review and comments in a few weeks.
  • Will be attending the UA Walkthrough meetings, and may propose a WTP one in future (perhaps on facets UI).

References

Architecture: Tim deBoer

  • Tim will draft and send inner-api policy soon.
  • Tim will find out specific "advise to give developers (and auto-test teams)" to implement the WTP API policy (which tools/build reports to use).
  • Tim to implement "Java Doc Builds" for server tools, and make recommendations to other projects on how to implement.
Notes:
  • Recommended to restart the protected non-api scans.
  • Will not accept new data, for now, but if tooling could be improved to detect/remove additional (non-protected) data, then perhaps it'd be useful to show non-api use going down.

Reference

Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan

  • All need to update final document, and list exceptions.
  • Strategic Advisory Council -- cancelled -- just that one meeting?

Reference

Education: Naci Dai (meeting conflict till May)

  • Phase 1, orgainize what we have, done by end January.
  • Phase 2, self guided new materials. some available by EclipseCon.
  • phase 3, shutdown .. scenerios
Notes:
Orgainizing "current" now, should be ready by EclipseCon.
Will be organized better for narrowing selection and sorting.
For now, the "database" will be one XML file, with various attributes/qualities to search and sort on.

Reference

Planning: David Williams

  • Ganymede M6 today (Monday, 4/15
  • We may need another 2.0.2 patch -- need to get developers to respond to JBoss use-case problems. (And, I've asked Naci to get involved.)
    • 222531 Regression (?) between wtp 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 in J2EEFlexProjDeployable
    • 201318 [hotbug] EAR Libraries container fails to initalize for 2.5 web project

Quality: Neil Hauge

  • We will no longer have "old bug" focus items in status meetings, as we end this release, but will restart after the June release.
  • Will now focus on "rampdown quality" in status meetings.

Reference:

Reference

General business?

  • EMFT Texo project proposal
  • Draft release plan for the next release by June?
  • Potential resource issues?
    • Product plugin for EPP and welcome screen
    • Refactoring Doc features (and moving to appropriate sub-projects).
    • Refactoring SDK (source and JavaDoc) features/bundles (and moving to appropriate sub-projects)
    • Platform/OS coverage for testing and support? -- probably suffices to simply record coverage. Perhaps ask for community help.
    • Performance Tests -- Kayolan making some progress.
    • Needs some JSF features, at least for build
    Notes:
    • No obvious resouce solutions.

Action Items

To Do

  1. Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
  2. David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
  3. Naci (changed from David): post instructions and reminders for our "community resources" and presentations page, especially, even, for eclipseCon 2007, and Eclipse Summit

Done

  1. Bob Frasher, all: WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own pages. See bug 201331
  2. David: Reorg CVS. See CVS Restructuring Proposal
  3. David: update our "planning" documents with dates for both Ganymede and Winter maintenance.
  4. David: Resolved WTP Policy on Package Visibility

PMC Calendar


Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.