Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Access code: 800388#
Full list of phone numbers
Time: 1500 UTC
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: N
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
Reports, Actions, Issues
Planning: David Williams
- We need a another 2.0.2 patch. (and put on update site) See bug 222531
- We are moving to P2 based builds this week
- In future, we (or, I) need to emphasize coordination better when asking teams to update minor version
fields -- give a few days for teams to adjust.
Quality: Neil Hauge
- Good progress ... or, flat (which is good :)
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- Neil asked, and Tim agreed to suppliment current API Policy Doc., on non-API use within WTP. Something to
the effect of:
"Clean API use is encourage, but not critical, since no independent releases are anticipated anytime soon.
Where feasible, bugs should be open with "API Requests" just as we expect from others, but there will be no focused
effort to make sure that's done, since not a high priority, and since can easily see it when all source is loaded
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
- We may need a mid-year release.
- Strategic Advisory Council (Raghu will be going).
Education: Naci Dai
- Phase 1, orgainize what we have, done by end January.
- Phase 2, self guided new materials. some available by EclipseCon.
- phase 3, shutdown .. scenerios
- Orgainizing "current" now, should be ready by EclipseCon.
- Will be organized better for narrowing selection and sorting.
- For now, the "database" will be one XML file, with various attributes/qualities to search and sort on.
- JSF to lead the way on Exceptions to feature freeze. Need to emphasize, repeat process in Thursday's
- Good feedback on EclipseCon
- fee-less tutorials helped ... more attendees, still interested and engaged (not just gawkers "because
- should have power for tutorials
- +/- evaluation system was good
- invited guests (as whole) were not as good as last year's (as a whole)
- hack-a-thon -- did anyone attend?-- not well publicized
- webtools uncovered: good attendance. no minus ones
- webtools adopted: not heavily attended (could/should consolidate next year, have less time allotted
- Potential resource issues?
- Product plugin for EPP and welcome screen
- Refactoring Doc features (and moving to appropriate sub-projects).
- Refactoring SDK (source and JavaDoc) features/bundles (and moving to appropriate sub-projects)
- Platform/OS coverage for testing and support? -- probably suffices to simply record coverage. Perhaps
ask for community help.
- Performance Tests -- Kayolan making some progress.
- No obvious resouce solutions.
- Needs some JSF features, at least for build
- David: Will call for Project Lead vote on WTP Policy on Package Visibility
- Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
- David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
- David: post instructions and reminders for our "community resources" and presentations page, especially,
even, for eclipseCon 2007, and Eclipse Summit
- Bob Frasher, all: WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Project Leads will need to take ownership
of their own pages. See bug 201331
- David: Reorg CVS. See CVS Restructuring
- David: update our "planning" documents with dates for both Ganymede and Winter maintenance.
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.