WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for February 26, 2008 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for February 26, 2008 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Alternate: 770-615-1247
Access code: 800388#
Full list of phone numbers

Call Time: 1500 UTC

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Naci Dai: N (regrets)
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y

Reports, Actions, Issues

Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan

Reference

Notes:
We agreed, I'd send reminder that exceptions for post M6 features should have PMC Review. Project leads to open bug to track, and update the "exceptions" section of ramp down page.
I also agree to update ramp down page to make clearer that its bugs that are post M7 review, but features or large UI changes need review after M6.

Education: Naci Dai

  • No progress to report (Naci sent regrets). Will re-visit next week.
Previous Notes:
  • Phase 1, orgainize what we have, done by end January.
  • Phase 2, self guided new materials. some available by EclipseCon.
  • phase 3, shutdown .. scenerios
Notes
Naci working on '1', and will discuss next week

Reference

Planning: David Williams

  • M5 done
  • 2.0.2 done
  • Do we need a 2.0.3? Patch a few for a while? (and put on update site)
Notes:
Agreed we'd recommend no 2.0.3 release, but provide "2 or 3" fixes via official patches, put on update site.
I agreed to update releng process and documents to cover 2.0 patches

Reference

Quality: Neil Hauge

Reference:

ATF

Architecture: Tim deBoer

Proposed WTP API Policy

  • Discuss Architecture Group's Proposed WTP API Policy

    Tim will distribute at large, for discussion on Thursday. There was a suggestion to track new 'provisional' API with bugzillas.

  • Any progress/proposals an new/changed features?

    No. Tim is assuming closed for this release.

Reference

Other business?

  • Committers in the works: Gary K and Cameron
  • Requirement Project: http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/ormf/
  • Face-to-face meeting. Sunday will be bad (most getting in too late on Sunday). Need to find some other time. Need to create an agenda.
  • Discussed version increment. Decided "3.1", unless there is major additions or something breaking. [Added after the meeting, should we consider "3.5"? (to match the platfor?)
  • Potential resource issues?
    • Refactoring Doc features (and moving to appropriate sub-projects).
    • Refactoring SDK (source and JavaDoc) features/bundles (and moving to appropriate sub-projects)
    • Platform/OS coverage for testing and support?
    • Performance Tests
    Notes:
    No obvious resouce solutions. JSF does generate "manually", and then just includes in the build.
    dw to ask hz if we should have test matrix?

Action Items

To Do

  1. David: Will call for Project Lead vote on WTP Policy on Package Visibility
  2. David: update 3.0 milestone plans with focus items.
  3. Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
  4. David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
  5. David: post instructions and reminders for our "community resources" and presentations page, especially, even, for eclipseCon 2007, and Eclipse Summit

Done

  1. Bob Frasher, all: WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own pages. See bug 201331
  2. David: Reorg CVS. See CVS Restructuring Proposal
  3. David: update our "planning" documents with dates for both Ganymede and Winter maintenance.

PMC Calendar

  • Tentatively plan f2f Sunday before EclipseCon

Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.