upcoming DST changes
- United States and Canada: 4 Nov 2007 DST ends: 02:00 to 01:00
- Turkey: 28 Oct 2007 DST ends: 04:00 to 03:00
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Bob Goodman (ATF): Y
- Soliciting proposals.
Reports and Actions from our PMC Roles
Architecture: Tim deBoer
Tim presented the "role" document. No comments.
- Issues/efforts on "consolidation" of overlap between projects.
- Will use 'committers list' to discuss issues. And will set up a white board wiki.
- Ideas on new award types:
- hack-a-thon at EclipseCon
API Definition and Evolution
- put limits on usage of non-API
- may be some new tools to assist
non-api usage between WTP components
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
- in two weeks: discuss WTP Requirements Lead Role
Education: Naci Dai
Planning: David Williams
- Should we re-spin the all-in-ones for 2.0.1. See bug 203325
- Incubator Project has now been provisioned. -- will move status reports to a section of weekly status meeting, unless there are ever "management" issue to discuss.
- Any Ganymede Planning issues? I'll be representing us at Planning Council next week.
Community Relations: David Williams
Quality: Neil Hauge
- Beginning planning meetings to help drive contributions/committers
- Met with one adopter ... can maybe help with creating APIs.
- Jolt Awards? Important?
- Skip next Tuesday's meeting? (I'll be at Planning Council meeting).
- Get together at EclipseWorld? (I'll be leaving Wednesday evening).
- new (incubator) contributions: SAP: not ready yet for web conference, but maybe in a couple of months. Sopera: will forward email.
- David: Will call for Project Lead vote on WTP Policy on Package Visibility
- David: update 3.0 milestone plans with focus items.
- Raghu: create a wiki page: a checklist for how to lower the barrier to participation for all projects
- David: create wiki page for 3rd-party requirements
- WTP Refactor followup: Need to update website. Project Leads will need to take ownership of their own pages. See bug 201331
Closed Action Items
- David: Reorg CVS. See CVS Restructuring
In progress, but moving to "closed" since no further "management" attention required.
- EclipseWorld 2007, NOV. 6-8, RESTON, VA.
WTP Presentations (See the complete program for closely related presentations):
- David Williams: How to Create Web Applications With Eclipse (Wednesday, Nov. 7, 9:15 am - 10:30 am)
- Naci Dai: Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 1 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 10:00 am - 11:15 am)
Developing SOA-Ready Java Web Applications, Part 2 (Thursday, Nov. 8, 11:30 am - 12:45 pm)
- Raghu Srinivasan: Building Great JavaServer Faces Applications With Eclipse Tools (Thursday, Nov. 8, 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm)
- Neil Hauge: Using the Java Persistence Applications With Eclipse JPA and Dali (Thursday, Nov. 8, 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm)
- OS Summit Asia - November 26-30
- WTP 3.0 - June 30, 2008
0 Milestones +2 Milestones M1 - August 10, 2007 August 24, 2007 M2 - September 21, 2007 October 5, 2007 M3 - November 2, 2007 November 16, 2007 M4 - December 14, 2007 January 8, 2008 M5 - February 8, 2008 February 22, 2008
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.