WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for April 17, 2007 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for April 17, 2007 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Alternate: 702-894-2358
Access code: 3500048#

Call Time: 8am PDT / 11am EDT

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Jess Garms: Y
  • Naci Dai: Y
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: N

Invited Guests

  • Bob Goodman (ATF): Y

Community

  • JavaOne
    • Tim Wagner's Ajax/JSF presentation
      • Raghu and Cameron will be at JavaOne, along with Pieter from BEA and Philippe from ATF
    • Eclipse booth: Jess to follow up with Pieter on manning the Eclipse booth.
    • Raghu also available for the Eclipse booth if needed.

Process

  • Requirements: WTP 2.0 plan
    • Raghu to nag leads on Wednesday night, to motivate updates.
  • Expert Group
    • Neil to send to Bjorn for comments
      • Some edits made; Bjorn called for more EMO involvement.
      • Meeting on Friday which Neil and Jess attended. Progress was made; expect 3-4 weeks to sort it out.
  • Possible namespace collision between Dali and the new EclipseLink project
    • Neil to open a bugzilla entry and communicate with adopters.
      • No negative comments, community is aware.
      • Deadline of Friday, check in next week.
  • ATF impact? small change for incubating projects in note from Anne:

    The requirements for being a Conforming Eclipse project in the Incubation Phase have just expanded. As you all know, being a Conforming project makes your life easier because you can take advantage of the Parallel IP Process and get your code checked in more quickly.

    We made this change due to more clarification from the Eclipse Board of Directors. The revised and now current requirements are detailed here:http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/parallel-ip-process.php

    The changes are simple so it shouldn't take long to make them and maintain your Conforming status. I'll be checking for conformance during the week of May 7. Please let me know if you think you will have a problem making the necessary changes by that date. Thanks in advance for doing this, and let me know if you have any questions. 


    Anne Jacko
    emo@eclipse.org
    • Bob: ATF will conform for Eclipse 3.3. Compliance possibly by May 7th, but it requires a change to SWT.
    • Bob to follow up with Anne.

Quality

Release Progress

  • 2.0
    • Triage after 5/18
    • Bugs can be fixed after RC0, but requires PMC approval/
    • RC every week after RC0.
    • 1.5.4

    ATF Status

    • Moving up to 3.3M7, running into difficulties with browser in SWT.

    Action Items

    • ALL should review the 1.5.4 bug list.
    • Naci to update EE5 section of the 2.0 plan.
    • Raghu to email component leads with 2.0 plan.
    • Jess to follow up with Pieter on manning the Eclipse booth.
    • Jess to follow up on JavaOne presentation with Phillipe and Raghu for JSF/ATF presentation.

    Closed Action Items

    • Neil to send Expert Group proposal to Bjorn.
    • PMC members to review and comment on Expert Group proposal.
    • Neil and Raghu to open bugzilla bugs and gather comments on possible namespace changes.

    PMC Calendar


    Back to meeting list.

    Please send any additions or corrections to Jess Garms or David Williams