WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for February 6, 2007 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for February 6, 2007 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 866-484-4232
Alternate: 702-894-2358
Access code: 3500048#

Call Time: 7am PST / 10am EST

Attendees

PMC Members

  • Tim Wagner: Y
  • David Williams: Y
  • Naci Dai: R
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Arthur Ryman: N

Invited Guests

  • Pieter Humphrey: Y
  • Neil Hauge (JPA/Dali): Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y
  • Jess Garms: Y
  • Phil Berkland: Y

Community

  • EclipseCon: we need to decide short talks and demos today! (Technically, 1/10 is the absolute deadline).
    • Review, comment, and/or vote for 3 demos
    • Review, comment, and/or vote for 6 short talks

      We actually only have 6 short talk submissions ... but, being responsible, are there any we should not accept and return a slot?

  • PMC Votes on demos:

    • 4009: 2
    • 4010: 1
    • 4014: 3
    • 4021: 3
    • 4049: 2 1/2 (Raghu placed a fourth, backup vote)

    The selected demos are: 4014, 4021 and 4049.

    Runners-up-hold-if-extra-slots: 4009, 4010.

    (Decline others, declined demos could maybe be re-submitted as short talks if the presenters are interested in being considered).

  • Short talks:

    • 4075: Accepted
    • 4099: Accepted
    • 4114: Tentatively declined, depending on context of short talks
    • 4137: Declinced, as there is a demo with the same content already approved
    • 4165: Accepted
    • 3740: Accepted

    Follow-up after meeting: the short talks are assigned "randomly", to encourage diversity of interest, so 4114 may be too deep in one specific area.

Process

  • JSDT Incubating sub-project or new component?

    I recommend to just avoid the term "incubating", that's now a very significant term with the new IP process for incubating sub-projects, so, some think "incubating component" could be confusing or misinterpreted. But, I think none of us assumed any IP signficance to it. Agreed?

    If we agree, I've asked Phil to remove "incubating" from the component proposal and to remove "ATF" from the URL.

    All agreed. David will create component (CVS and bugzilla).

  • Finalize decision on Generics in common.facets

    The issue is the need for PMC to keep facet's at 1.4 level? Proposed to allow Kosta to be able to propose a change to the committers? Agreed?

    All present agreed. As previously mentioned, Naci was not present. Not clear yet if this can go in for M5. Seems unlikely, but could go in for early M6, provided other committers agree.

  • We need a Phoenix Test/Roll out plan: volunteers?

    Bob to submit a patch later this week. PMC to review patch and vote next Tuesday. Jess has done a short review, but others should follow, especially to ensure that no parts of the website are inaccessible under the new design.

Release progress

Dali (Neil)

  • Preparing for incubation review
  • David: Where should Dali go? project under WTP, component under JST?
  • Neil: for now, JST component seems correct. We'll watch Sun and see if they decide to incorporate JPA into JSE in the future.

JSF (Raghu)

  • Preparing for incubation review

ATF (Phil reporting for Bob)

  • Finalizing build and mac support

Action Items

  • Neil and Raghu to send out slides for incubation review
  • Neil and Raghu to review Europa rampdown plan for their components
  • Jess to send out email once Bob is done with his Phoenix patch. PMC to review before next weeks' call.

PMC Calendar

  • 2/7 deadline for move vote
  • 2/13 PMC review of Graduation Materials
  • 2/21 Materials to Community for Review
  • 2/28 Graduation Review
  • 3/5 EclipseCon 2007

Agenda by David Williams, February 6, 2007. Minutes entered by Jess Garms. Please send any corrections needed.