PMC Conference Call - August 22, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Naci Dai [ND], David Williams [DW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS]

PMC Member Regrets: Jochen

Invited Guests: Gino Bustelo (ATF, in for Robert Goodman), Jean Choi (Sybase), Neil Hauge (Dali)

Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]

Community [LM]

  • Lawrence resigning as community lead. The PMC would like to thank him for his great service to WTP over the years!

Process [TW]

  • Tim continuing to work on permissions review with Sharon Corbett; next steps are getting subproject leads the correct WTP perms.
  • Committer vote for Kevin Sawicki (ATF sub project). PMC voted to extend committership to Kevin.

Requirements and Planning [TW]

  • STP meeting plans awaiting people returning from summer vacations.
  • Sybase component plans - code, design document submitted. IP review currently in flight with the EMO. Current staffing plan is for Sybase to have two engineers serve as the core of a newly created component within JST. Jean would like a review of the plugin refactoring done by Sybase to date. Raghu to coordinate and staff integration within JSF. David and Naci to work on architectural review of submitted code.

1.5.1 and 2.0 Status [DW]

  • 1.5.1 Callisto call schedule included in agenda. Rampdown continuing successfully.
  • 2.0 still hung up on range setting corrections; hoping to make progress on the remaining plugins this week in time for M1.

ATF Status [Gino]

  • See action item below regarding 3rd party redist.
  • Tim spoke with John Lilly of Mozilla regarding browser distribution and possible ATF participation.
  • Ramping up for next milestone release in September containing both bug fixes and new features.
  • Weekly build infrastructure set up.
  • Outbound communication - need to get the word out about features and plans, do additional blogging, etc.

Dali Status [NH]

  • Waiting for Sharon on committer privileges.
  • Preparing for CVS folder conversion.
  • Build integration and refactoring to improve WTP integration and naming conventions ("Dali" to "JPA") currently underway. Full build integration with WTP on hold until local changes complete; Neil to work with David on the transition plan here (targeting Europa M2).
  • Continuing discussions on annotations and property editing.

JSF Status [RS]

  • Working on formalizing plan for integrating with Sybase contribution.
  • On track for M1.

Action Items and Owners

  • Tim to talk to Ian about sub-project awareness. (done)
  • Tim to follow up with EMO on 3rd party redistribution list for ATF, and to talk to Janet about timeline/checkpoints for approval. (in progress)
  • Tim to follow up with Rich Gronback/Bjorn regarding EclipseCon submissions and submission engine. (done - see email)
  • Tim to coordinate with Janet on Sybase submission review to unblock progress; Jean to forward IP contrib questionnaire info. (awaiting reply from Janet)
  • Tim to send out the "CFP" for WTP tutorials and other papers (and also get final dates as such). (stalled on ECon submission info from program committee)
  • Tim to continue working with Sharon Corbett on permissions review and policy adherence. (Requests to correct permissions for Neil and Robert already pending with Sharon.)
  • Tim to work with Kevin Sawicki on new committer paperwork. (in flight)
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, August 22, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.