PMC Conference Call - July 25, 2006
PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR], Gerry Kessler (for Raghunathan Srinivasan) [GK], Jochen Krause [JK], Naci Dai [ND],

PMC Member Regrets: none

Invited Guests: Neil Hauge (Dali)

Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]

Community [LM]

  • WTP represents 3 of the top 4 talk registrations at EclipseWorld!
  • Syscon publication on Callisto, including some information on WTP.
  • Newsgroup active and community responding to questions there.
  • Looking for help with website going forward.
  • Eclipse Summit Europe scheduled for late October, oriented towards ecosystem members, corporate members, and new users. Expecting 250-300 attendees. Looking for feedback since we're early in the Europa planning cycle. Jochen Krause on the program committee. Event is co-located with council meetings. PMC members invited to give presentations.

Process [TW]

  • Robert Goodman approved as ATF committer. Tim to work with him on the paperwork.

Requirements [JK]

  • Will use Bugzilla to track enhancements, and the Wiki to define themes. The URL field in Bugzilla will be used to connect enhancements to themes in the Wiki. Specs and more detailed descriptions of individual features can be placed on the website or the wiki that the defect can then reference as needed. High-level descriptions should be on the Wiki in readable form; Bugzilla reports can be used to simply list all the requirements in a particular area.
  • Milestones:
    1. August 4th: Update WTP 2.0 planning wiki to have current information
    2. August 18th: Draft plan from each component lead
    3. September 1st: Overview plan
    4. Week of 9/4: F2f planning during EclipseWorld
    5. 9/11: Requirements call open to adopters
    6. 9/15: Working plan posted

1.0.3 Release Status [DW]

  • On track for Friday release.

1.5.1 Status [DW]

  • Moving up to platform and EMF pre-reqs; no problems reported.

JSF Status [Gerry]

  • No news.

Dali Status [Neil]

  • F2f planning meeting last week went well.
  • Plan for runtime and facets integration with WTP.
  • Draft milestone plan for 1.0/Europa created and posted on the Wiki; Neil to xref from WTP 2.0 planning Wiki.
  • Operational integration will go on the Wiki as well.

Action Items and Owners

  • [TW] Notify emo news on Friday of 1.0.3 release.
  • [TW] Create todo Bugzilla item on behalf of PMC to track the need for a website lead and other open issues/todo items.
  • [TW] (held over) Tim to produce "full" release review deck and distribute to PMC for review.
  • [TW] Tim to discuss possible use of Instantiations test tools with Mike (done) and pursue IP questions with Instantiations (in flight). Open test scripts and runtime as a sub-project of TPTP would be one way to avoid the IP concerns.
  • [ND] STP requirements and overlap (runtimes, deployment, WS infrastructure, etc.) schedule.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, July 25, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.