|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR] Raghunathan
Srinivasan [RS], Jochen Krause [JK]
PMC Member Regrets: Naci Dai [ND]
Invited Guests: Neil Hauge [NH]
Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]
Community Update [LM]
- Link to project Antoine will go live on website shortly.
- WTP logo approved by Eclipse legal.
- Another WTP contributor (Joan Haggarty) won the great bug contest for this cycle!
- Logo and trademark use policy: only the owner of a logo or trademark can approve its use within
WTP for identifying a plugin, adapter, or any other artifact or process.
- WTP will include use of logos, trademarks, and other non-code IP in the "about" files and its
- Remotely downloaded artifacts will be identified by the providing entity; this will eliminate
the possibility of ambiguity or confusion over who is delivering the software.
- For server adapters or other "runtime" entities that are redistributed with WTP, the stated
policy is that only a single implementation is permitted for each target system. Alternate providers
must work with the existing codebase or use a remote download approach.
- Open call last week for gathering requirements; minutes will be forthcoming (wiki was down
during working hours in Germany).
- Jochen will summarize highly requested features in Bugzilla and circulate with WTP.
- Discussion of "pluggable" web service code generation (Glassfish in addition to Axis) - came
out of last week's requirements call.
- See WTP 2.0
Requirements wiki for emerging 2.0 requirements and release planning.
- WTP will release a 1.0.2A which includes a fix for defect 138825 where the feature id
qualifiers are altered to not include underscores. (Note that there are no code changes).
- WTP will maintain a maintenance stream denoted 1.0.3.
- Fix policy on this line will be: each fix requires PMC approval, approval is in the form of at
least 3 "yes" and no "no" votes in the bug itself from PMC members. There is no "timeout" clause.
Disputed votes will be discussed at the next PMC call. Defects should not be raised to the PMC for
approval unless the fix is in hand and has been fully tested and code reviewed at the component lead
- 1.0.3 will be released incrementally via feature revision on the WTP update site. Feature
"release" in this form (as well as a conventional release of 1.0.3 bits) requires PMC approval and will
be discussed on the PMC calls as needed.
- The "underscore" problem in the 3.1.x platform is currently requiring us to manually assign/fix
the feature id qualifiers; automating this would help eliminate the possibility of human errors in 1.0.3
Callisto / 1.5 Status
- RC2 status: Moved up to RC2 of the platform; still waiting for EMF/GEF to update. On track for
end of the week.
JSF Status [RS]
- Naci checking integrated build.
- Repackaging is nearly complete.
- Faces config editor and IBM EMF contribution have been integrated, and should be in a build by
the end of this week.
Dali Status [NH/SS]
- M3 progress.
- Bjorn and Neil scheduling the "move" review.
- Need some help from Naci on builds, which may be teed up behind other build activitie (JSF
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, May 2, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.
- [TW] IP log: include TMs and logos and "about" file updates; verify with Janet where we are on
the approval process for 1.5.
- [TW] (held over / no response yet) Research whether WTP can reprint the text of the Sun
DTD/Schema license. (Question from Lawrence for Janet as part of 1.5 IP.) Still reply.
- [TW] Reuse/reship of the 3rd party Equinox plugin from the platform verified with EMO. No
additional review is required, but we do need to log the use in the WTP IP log.