|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Arthur Ryman [AR], David
PMC Member Regrets: none
Invited Guests: Neil Hauge [NH], Shaun Smith [SS], Craig Becker [CB]
Others: Lawrence Mandel [LM]
Community Update [LM]
- Webinars two weeks prior to Callisto release. WTP and TPTP joint webinar planned for 6/12,
focused on developing and testing web services. Goal is to highlight cross-project interaction.
- Additional EclipseWorld presentations: David Williams will be presenting on SSE, and there will
be a Dali presentation.
- Great bugs: agreement to promote the additional three to the EMO
- Chuck Bridgham and BEA working through testing of threading defect patches; hopeful of respin
by EOD today.
Callisto / 1.5 Status
- M6 produced on schedule and available via update manager (staging at the moment; should roll
out this week to everyone).
- Out-of-memory errors occuring in the 1.5 line. Need to discover whether there's a leak first.
If we can't succeed with the default OOTB VM settings we may need to either request that those settings
be revised upward or document that WTP needs a different configuration to run well. Will explore memory
use tools in TPTP to see if that can help identify the problem. Lawrence has seen it with WTP-only;
David has experienced it with Java editing in the context of Callisto (so there may actually be multiple
- Platform is changing policy on 3rd party export. We made use of these APIs, so adjusting to the
change has been non-trivial. As part of this change, will need to add Equinox plugin from help system
that we rely on to launch built-in Web applications (WSE, in our case). (We also use this in the JSP
JSF Status [RS]
- Refactoring: will use jst.jsf for the long term, but will defer refactoring until after 1.5
release date. (Will also check with Jean Choi when she returns.)
- Working on daily build integration with Naci.
ATF Status [CB]
- Code check in should be happening shortly (with all 3rd party code removed).
- Some issues with Zimbra - instructions to enable users to reconstitute the Zimbra support has
Dali Status [NH/SS]
- Build integration proceeding well (Naci working with Dali releng).
- Working on online help/documentation; will be included in M2 build - expected to be available
- Status meeting planned for tomorrow; will discuss location transfer to WTP during the call.
WTP Build Issue [AR/ND]
- Working on DITA integration via a local build.
- Pathname length is causing problems with source features.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, April 18, 2006. Please notify me of any corrections needed.
- [TW] Research whether WTP can reprint the text of the Sun DTD/Schema license. (Question from
Lawrence for Janet as part of 1.5 IP.) UPDATE: Sent, awaiting reply.