|PMC Members Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], David Williams [DW] Naci Dai
[ND], Jochen Krause [JK] Arthur Ryman [AR],
PMC Member Regrets: None.
Invited Guests: Lawrence Mandel [LM], Shaun Smith (Oracle and Dali) Neil Hauge (Oracle and Dali)
Dali Project Integration [Shaun and Neil]
- The two technology projects involving EJB 3.0 technologies have combined forces into the single
- Plan is to have Dali graduate into WTP essentially concurrent with 1.5 (Callisto) release;
subsequent work would take place as a WTP component.
- Release review for WTP could also serve as "graduation" review for Dali.
- Dali milestones will need to coordinate with Callisto schedule and milestone definitions;
project milestones should be updated/restated in terms of Callisto dates.
- Challenges include spec finalization and use of WTP server deployment infrastructure.
- Initial release of EJB3 will be described as ".5" and will contain only provisional APIs.
- Dali personnel will research integration with WTP build process.
Community Update and 1.0 Status
- WTP track for EclipseCon now live; language track will also include David Williams' SSE
- Logos - will check bug progress next week and decide on timing.
- Note that a planning call will follow the WTP PMC call; see Jochen's email for call info.
Build Update [ND]
- Progress in building on EMO hardware; current issue is running Eclipse on that machine.
- "What's new/fixed" reporting: CVS and Bugzilla information are being combined now. Some
experimentation with different XSLs to generte different reports.
- Please see David's note regarding updating 1.0.1 builds to use 3.2 build tools and qualifiers.
1.0.1 Status [DW]
Callisto / 1.5 Status
- Met last week; working on top issues for WTP 1.5 (likely to include feature split, performance
issues, etc.) to help with prioritization.
JSF Status [RS]
- Working with SSE on "attach points".
- Plan to integrate with build system by EclipseCon.
AJAX Project Creation Placement [AR]
- Arthur will invite project lead to join WTP call next week to discuss location of the project.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, January 24, 2006
- [TW] (In flight) Check with Janet on logo legal/IP issues.
- [DW] Feature decomposition plan for 1.5 (EJB and Web, Core and UI intermingling) - need to
either revive old bug or open new one for tracking purposes.
- [DW] Provide prioritized list from architecture group.
- [AR] Invite AJAX project proposers to next week's WTP PMC call.
- [TW] Copy AIs into Bugzilla for easier tracking.