|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Naci Dai [ND], Lawrence Mandel [LM] Arthur
Ryman [AR], David Williams [DW] Regrets: Jochen Krause [JK]
Community Update and 1.0 Status
- EclipseCon: Lawrence to send out email summary and include call for short talk submissions
- Lawrence to create "logo page" for WTP logo contest
- JavaOne acceptance for a talk by Lawrence and Jeffrey on WTP Web Services
- Committer approval vote for Jean Choi
- Callisto planning meetings start next month; see agenda email or Callisto site for specifics.
1.0 Update Site [DW]
- One bug filed so far; looks like a bug in the base related to TCP/IP connections.
1.0.1 Status [DW]
- Smoke testing second declared build; some issues with last week's build suggest that we should
expand the testing phase to ensure no regressions are occurring.
- Need to emphasize that high priority (especially adopter) bugs need to be addressed first;
total number of bugs targeted for release (90+) is too high. Naci and Arthur will triage JST and WST,
Callisto / 1.5 Plans
- Build machine at eclipse.org status: manual builds working, but testing not yet enabled (need
virtual frame buffer).
- Incubating projects that need graduation into WTP (JSF and EJB 3.0) - incubation exit criteria
are basically the release criteria plus process and community review.
- WTP will be reshipping the data tools in 1.5 to ensure adopter stability; subsequent releases
will eliminate these deprecated functions in favor of DTP. (This is just a restatement of the current
- Feature decomposition plan for 1.5 still TBD.
- Meeting resumption - will pursue via email (Jochen not on call)
- Need to review of enhancement requests for 1.5 prioritization; will discuss further on
- [AR] Planning is separate from requirements gathering; need to evaluate resources available
against Java EE 5 theme - outstanding question is whether model changes can be contained without serious
JSF Status [RS]
- Sybase contribution now in; looking at implementation.
- Contribution questionnaire was submitted to EMO; need to follow up with Janet on progress.
- Jean investigating test case contribution question.
- The two technology projects involving EJB 3.0 technologies have combined forces. Based on their
planning documents and progress, we may have material to integrate into the WTP 1.5 release.
- Because our 1.5 release is short and focused on stability, it's vital that any changes or
non-trivial integration work in the WTP base occur soon; purely additive feature work from this
technology project can come a little later, but must still adhere to Callisto requirements for API
freeze and feature freeze.
- If these deadlines prove too tight for integration (or additional integration work persists
beyond 1.5), we may want to consider a mid-year release as a alternative vehicle.
- Working with Dali project, and creating a server adapter for WTP.
- Need to identify someone in WTP who's free of IP concerns who could look at Glassfish code in
case help is needed there. Several PMC members to check on whether this is an option.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, January 17, 2006
- [TW] Fill out committer form for Jean Choi.
- [TW] (In flight) Check with Janet on logo legal/IP issues.
- [TW/LM] Update WTP virtual track.
- [TW] Invite Dali PMC reps to WTP call for Callisto planning.
- [DW] Feature decomposition plan for 1.5 (EJB and Web, Core and UI intermingling)
- [TW] Copy AIs into Bugzilla for easier tracking.