|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Jochen Krause [JK], Lawrence Mandel [LM],
David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR]
Community Update and 1.0 Status
- Press releases happening this week; release state (RC5) is currently confusing people; need to
provide a prominent "1.0" link on our homepage and from the toplevel eclipse.org website.
- Lawrence driving effort to get tutorials correct/up to date.
- EclipseCon program committee still working on long talks; three talks (JSF, intro, ext.)
accepted for WTP.
- Arthur collecting release notes.
- One bug currently targeted for 1.0
- Will get news links posted to our site and to the top-level Eclipse site.
Callisto / 1.5 Release Planning / Planning Council Summary [TW]
- Review of recent Planning Council decisions w.r.t. Callisto
- Review of major Callisto milestones/dates and delivery methodology (update site)
Architecture Council Summary [DW]
- Java 5 move - platform is not requiring Java 5, but is enabling requirement of it on a
per-plugin basis; WTP will continue to support 1.4 in the June release (even if we enable selective Java
5 features, such as annotation support).
- Activities/capabilities - discussion at A/C around using capabilities along an
introductory-to-advanced user continuum.
- Threading - quite a bit of discussion around this at the meeting; we'll look to form a virtual
team to tackle some of these issues in January.
- ICU4J will be a topic in January as we begin to migrate to it.
JSF Status [RS]
- See Raghu's announcement re: milestone build availability.
- Status call this week will be a "last call" for WTP 1.0
- We'll also review the Callisto/1.5 schedule
- Jochen will join to discuss 1.5 requirements input
- Requirements/planning for 1.5 will continue in earnest in early January after the break
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, December 20, 2005
- [JK] set up tempory 1.0/RC information on WTP website immediately
- [AR] set up "1.0 link" on WTP website home page this afternoon
- [TW] post to server side and try to clear up confusion over RC5
- [AR] flip switch on Friday (RC5 to GA) on website
- [TW] handle final announcement activities on Friday (postings)