PMC Conference Call - December 06, 2005
Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Lawrence Mandel [LM], Arthur Ryman [AR] David Williams [DW], Jochen Krause [JK], Naci Dai [ND]

Community Update [LM]

  • Documentation bugs targeted for M10: PMC approved fixing these, and gave general pass to wording fixes until final RC is built
  • API Javadoc close, but not finished yet - EJB is area with largest numeric outage
  • WTP 1.0 press release being worked on by Ian Skerrett and Pieter Humphrey
  • Plan for site "monitoring" by WTP devs, to ensure timely feedback and outreach to the larger community (slashdot, server side, EZ, syscon, etc.)
  • Four tutorials accepted for EclipseCon, so we will have very good coverage

1.0 Status

  • [DW] Working on deadlock issues today, hoping to make progress before 1.0
  • RC2 still planned for tomorrow (Wednesday, December 7th)
  • Will review release quality on next week's call and make final decision
  • Arthur volunteered to collect any release issues and associated workarounds to use as release notes

1.0.1 Planning

  • See Arthur's posting for checkin policies.
  • Timing: mid-February (two week delay after 3.1.2 platform SP release).
  • Preference will be given to adopter ("hotlist") defect corrections.
  • CVS branch will be created immediately post 1.0 GA (at which point HEAD will start being used for 1.5 work).
  • Critical to ensure that I-builds do not regress existing functionality; benefit is largely in the degree to which they enable adopter testing.
  • Binary compat required.
  • Will need to devote time in first half of February to testing 1.0.1.

1.5 ("Calisto") Planning

  • Initial step ("M0") will be to join the Calisto train - build and run on 3.2 M4 release
  • Targeted for 1/13
  • David Williams volunteered to coordinate the migration and testing effort

JSF Update

  • Code complete on milestone yesterday - code in CVS is now buildable as a feature
  • Demo yesterday to demonstrate progress to date
  • Working on integrating with automated build system and download/update setup
  • End user documentation planned for the next two weeks

Emerging API Migration/Support Policy

  • Postponed until next week; Arthur soliciting changes and will incorporate for an updated version - send those directly to him for consolidation.

Action Items

  • [TW] Set up WTP and "language" virtual tracks for EclipseCon
  • [AR] Set up "Adopters/ISVs" portion of website; API usage information, bug hotlists, etc. could go here
  • [ND] Driving EJB API JavaDoc/test completion
  • [AR] Serving as coordinator for 1.0 release notes (let's notify/remind the community of this as we finish the planned RC's this week)
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, December 06, 2005