|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Lawrence Mandel [LM], Arthur Ryman [AR]
David Williams [DW], Jochen Krause [JK], Naci Dai [ND]
Community Update [LM]
- Documentation bugs targeted for M10: PMC approved fixing these, and gave general pass to
wording fixes until final RC is built
- API Javadoc close, but not finished yet - EJB is area with largest numeric outage
- WTP 1.0 press release being worked on by Ian Skerrett and Pieter Humphrey
- Plan for site "monitoring" by WTP devs, to ensure timely feedback and outreach to the larger
community (slashdot, server side, EZ, syscon, etc.)
- Four tutorials accepted for EclipseCon, so we will have very good coverage
- [DW] Working on deadlock issues today, hoping to make progress before 1.0
- RC2 still planned for tomorrow (Wednesday, December 7th)
- Will review release quality on next week's call and make final decision
- Arthur volunteered to collect any release issues and associated workarounds to use as release
- See Arthur's posting for checkin policies.
- Timing: mid-February (two week delay after 3.1.2 platform SP release).
- Preference will be given to adopter ("hotlist") defect corrections.
- CVS branch will be created immediately post 1.0 GA (at which point HEAD will start being used
for 1.5 work).
- Critical to ensure that I-builds do not regress existing functionality; benefit is largely in
the degree to which they enable adopter testing.
- Binary compat required.
- Will need to devote time in first half of February to testing 1.0.1.
1.5 ("Calisto") Planning
- Initial step ("M0") will be to join the Calisto train - build and run on 3.2 M4 release
- Targeted for 1/13
- David Williams volunteered to coordinate the migration and testing effort
- Code complete on milestone yesterday - code in CVS is now buildable as a feature
- Demo yesterday to demonstrate progress to date
- Working on integrating with automated build system and download/update setup
- End user documentation planned for the next two weeks
Emerging API Migration/Support Policy
- Postponed until next week; Arthur soliciting changes and will incorporate for an updated
version - send those directly to him for consolidation.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, December 06, 2005
- [TW] Set up WTP and "language" virtual tracks for EclipseCon
- [AR] Set up "Adopters/ISVs" portion of website; API usage information, bug hotlists, etc. could
- [ND] Driving EJB API JavaDoc/test completion
- [AR] Serving as coordinator for 1.0 release notes (let's notify/remind the community of this as
we finish the planned RC's this week)