|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Jochen Krause [JK], Arthur Ryman [AR] David Williams [DW], Lawrence
Mandel [LM], Naci Dai [ND], Christophe Ney [CN]
Community Update [LM]
- EclipseCon - three tutorials accepted (one user, two extension/API talks). Very good coverage
for WTP as a percentage of tutorials. Remaining tutorial program should be completed this week or next.
- Doc support back in the build; ISV docs still need work to get to completeness level of
platform, qualify internal extension points
- WTP release review passed by EMO assuming no redist of Cactus jars.
- Janet continues IP due diligence on cactus in case there's time to reconsider this for 1.0;
otherwise it will slip into 1.5.
- Will pursue update manager at Cactus site to make this easier
- Denis offered EMO-hosted machine in Ottawa for WTP builds; this machine would be closer to CVS
and administered by EMO personnel
- Bug currently open to take build requirements
- We'll still keep machine in Turkey going as a parallel / backup solution; will improve our
capacity especially as we need to engage in parallel development
- Problems with reverse DNS lookup in our native build machine should be fixed, but CVS
connectivity issues remain and are still being investigated
- M9 status: on track for release tomorrow (Wednesday, November 23rd)
- Defect outlook / adoption readiness: Discussed synchronization issues as a class; a number of
these have arisen in 1.0 and have been problematic for adopters. Discussed a "model lock" approach as a
possible solution for serializing update, although performance considerations would apply. Will work to
improve documentation in 1.0, discuss architectural solutions for 1.5, and improve low-level JUnit
testing to expose these defects earlier. Line-level review of high severity defects will occur in the
status call tomorrow (note date change). There are two blocking and four critical defects and one P1
listed at the moment.
- API status: Will review scan results from M9 next week. If documentation and/or testing is
lacking, then we will need to pull APIs from 1.0.
- Update site available only for release, not for M9. Recommendation is to use a fresh install
for M9; overlay on top of 0.7 may have problems.
- Updating "Supported Platforms" section of WTP requirements; plan is to support same
configurations supported by the Eclipse platform.
- Need to improve planning process for 1.5; there have been some complaints from the community
about the planning documents not being consistent.
- Demo of faces visual editor by Sybase and some discussion of architecture and proposed
integration occurred yesterday.
- David Williams and others have been helping out with PDE builds and related issues.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, November 22, 2005
- [all] Follow up with people who have high severity/priority bugs assigned to them.