|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Arthur Ryman [AR], Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Carl Trieloff (Invited
to speak on SOA / WTP overlap), Karl Reti (also on the STP PMC), Christophe Ney [CN], Jochen Krause [JK]
WTP / SOA Discussion [Carl Trieloff]
- Carl provided a brief overview of the SOA project, its status, and the proposal scope.
- Additional subprojects being added to incorporate more services, some of which are driven by
others joining the project. Expect to start working in mid-November.
- Some preliminary notes on surface area with WTP:
- WSDL and XML Schema are used for contract design within STP; editing and validation would
be used directly. Validation extensions are needed, and would work within the existing WTP
validation framework (the extensions themselves would likely live in STP).
- WSDL code generation; framework belongs in WTP, extensions depend on the genericity of
- WS-Security is within the scope of WTP, but currently unresourced. Other WS-* standards are
similar. SOA network level security is not necessarily representative of WS-Security, and that
modeling/tooling would reside in STP.
- J2EE deployment is one deployment extension point for STP; this would exploit existing WTP
- Extension to TCP/IP monitoring to provide SOAP message monitoring (WSDL-aware viewing of
- Code generation framework - unclear on exactly how the breakdown would go, although Iona
has some code they may be contributing in this area.
- Should cross pollinate at the architecture group level (will connect with David).
- IP log begun; will need to spend time on this over the next two weeks to get ready for the 1.0
- Speaking of which...we need to schedule the WTP 1.0 release review.
- Need to follow up with John Graham on WTP/DTP migration plans for RDB APIs. Setting up call
with Arthur and John to discuss this further.
- WTP charter modifications accepted in last week's Board review; will post updated version to
website and notify EMO.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, October 25, 2005
- [TW, etc.] Continue work on IP log.
- [TW] Release review the week of 11/14 scheduled.
- [TW] Post new WTP Charter to Website and notify EMO.
- [TW] Need release train planning document - push Planning Council to produce this (email sent;