|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Lawrence Mandel [LM], Christophe Ney [CN], Arthur Ryman [AR],
Raghunathan Srinivasan [RS], Jochen Krause [JK] David Williams [DW],
Community Update [LM]
- Two articles published last week, several blog postings
- Lawrence has an OOPSLA presentation coming up next week; several other presentations coming up
(BEAWorld, Colorado Software Summit)
- "PRO JST" (Chris Judd) on bookshelves now
- EclipseCon - two tutorial submissions (Naci/Arthur/Lawrence) and Gorkem (server tools); also
checking with David on SSE editor creation. For presentations, we have JSF planned (Raghu), an overview
(Arthur), and one or more detailed topics (Web Services?).
- Capabilities: Lawrence will own this for 1.5.
- Carl Trieloff invite sent - will hope to discuss areas of overlap next week on this call
- Charter revision
- Jeffrey's request for a "test build" against 3.2 platform - will defer this until later
Requirements Update [JK]
- Major bugs for tracking WST and JST API rollup: still outstanding
- Making progress on compiler warnings - will continue to work on this with goal of reaching zero
by 1.0 release.
- [AR] Now generating web pages from Bugzilla. Currently requires a build; Arthur investigating
PHP as solution for running and styling query during page fetch. Requires minor tweak in PHP settings
from Eclipse webmaster.
Architecture Update [DW]
- Features/dependencies document updated - see email thread and spec
- API scanning tool and "reliance" tools update: Will revive tool against current component.xml
files; also need to update the component files themselves for accuracy. (There is also a project going
forward with the platform to investigate inline (source) annotations to replace component.xml.) Will
look to work on reliance tool immediately post 1.0.
- Milestone 1 draft now public; looking for feedback.
- Status call this afternoon, and open to everyone.
Confirming 1.5 / 3.2 / "Zebra" DTP Migration Plan
- Current WTP plan is to move all data tools permanently into DTP in the 1.5 timeframe.
- Will request "contract" from DTP to provide our current data tools back to us, modulo package
renaming, in the "Zebra" release.
- Should do a scheduling checkup in early January on execution of this plan.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, October 11, 2005
- [TW] Submit revised charter mods to Board.
- [TW] Follow up with Carl's invite to next week's meeting.
- [TW] Follow up with John Graham on DTP issues (see above) - look for invite (not Th).