|Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Lawrence Mandel [LM], David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR],
Christophe Ney [CN], Jochen Krause [JK]
Community Update [LM]
- Docs are ready to go for server tools, XML, SSE, J2EE; Web Services and data tools will not
- waiting on legal clearance
- Discussion about separating help build in flight (looks reasonably straightforward)
- Jeffrey researching update manager site (Eclipse hosted/communal)
- WTP articles solicited
- Screencasts need to be updated for 0.7 GA and refined. Jochen and Lawrence will start with the
Web Services topic.
- FAQ needs updating (LM).
- Charter revision in progress; working on the "draft standards" portion. Targeting next month's
Requirements Update [JK]
- Product management open house planned for after 0.7 release.
- Using Bugzilla enhancements as foundation for call.
Architecture Update [DW]
- No new issues; ramping up 3.2 planning.
0.7 Release Status
- Second RC scheduled for Friday, July 22nd; slight complication w.r.t. release of JEM (same
day). We will attempt to incorporate their final driver. Build will be targeted for Friday evening.
- Bug count by priority: 1 / 28 / 297 / 38 (364 total)
- Cutoff on fixes: Thursday 8pm EDT. Build will be done overnight (US) and ready by 9am Friday.
JEM update on Friday will require a respin during the day Friday, but WTP bits can be tested in
parallel. (CC will be suspended after the build.)
- Axis 1.2.1 update - legal review will cause this to slip to 1.0
- J2EE schemas/DTDs update - some of these reference IBM material, and these can be redistributed
by WTP in principle; Janet reviewing
- Waiting on EMO to run release review.
- Mike Milinkovich discussing resource levels with Oracle w.r.t. scope of project.
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, July 19, 2005
- [JK] Publicize PM open houses
- [AR] Update charter diagram
- [LM / ND] Help build system decoupling
- [LM / JK] Update Web Service webcast
- [TW] Send process update to dev list
- [TW] Draft response on legal process
- [TW] Attend Versant ORM creation review to address any WTP-related issues