PMC Conference Call - June 21, 2005
Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Arthur Ryman [AR], David Williams [DW], Jochen Krause [JK], Dominique de Vito [DV]

Procedural matters

  • Approved use of Bugzilla for action item tracking in PMC and dev telecons. Process: use "[action]" as the summary prefix. Any component (including "website") can be used, as appropriate. Entries can be either bugs or enhancements.

No community update this week (Lawrence on vacation)

Architecture Group Report [DW]

  • Open houses have completed
  • Progress on consolidating plugins and reducing dependencies
  • M5 architecture overview to be produced

Sun DTD licensing for release

JK working with EMO to determine legality of DTD caching vis a vis our user experience. Jochen to continue owning topic; goal is to enable 0.7 release plan ASAP. Topic will be raised in release review.

0.7 Release Status and Endgame Planning [TW]

  • Component leads need to review version for open bugs
  • Plugins to be re-versioned to 0.7 this week have completed
  • Rampdown process approved; see posting to WTP mailing list

Susan Yeshin Committer Status [AR]

Committership conditionally approved pending no negative votes between now and voting period completion.

Action Items

  • [JK] Follow up on DTD licensing / legal issues
  • [DV] Follup up on SVG proposal and WTP requirements
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, June 21, 2005