WTP PMC Minutes for May 17, 2005 Conference Call
Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], Christophe Ney [CN], David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR], Lawrence Mandel
No procedural matters
Community Update [AR]
- People pages up now, sorted by contribution
Decision on Flexible Project and Server Feature Request
Because of the need to ship in a timely manner, we have decided to postpone suggested enhancements to the
flexible project model/server APIs. Although these are important pieces of the WTP framework, scheduling
constraints and incipient change in this area in the platform itself have caused us to defer those
investigations until 1.1. The PMC resolved to
One natural fallout of this decision is that the server and project APIs must be provisional in 1.0, given
that they are almost certain to change for the reasons cited. WTP will document them as such (JavaDoc,
component.xml, release documentation) but is not currently planning on altering the packaging because of the
delays involved and the shortness of the remaining schedule.
- Maintain the current shipping schedule
- Make the quality of user tools the focus of the 1.0 release
- Make the framework (APIs) the focus of the 1.1 release, including finalizing the project and
No Architecture Group Report this week (but note that open houses begin Thursday)
No Requirements Group Report this week
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, May 17, 2005
- [TW] Communicate disposition of feature request to BEA.
- [TW] Communicate decision on feature request to WTP community and EMO.
- [TW] Verify status of performance testing infrastructure request with EMO.