WTP PMC Minutes for April 12, 2005 Conference Call
Attending: Tim Wagner [TW], David Williams [DW], Arthur Ryman [AR], Dominique De Vito [DD], Christophe Ney
[CN], Jochen Krause [JK], Naci Dai [ND] Others: Lawrence Mandel (representing WTP community) [LM]
Procedural matters - None
[PMC members only for the remaining portion of the meeting]
- EclipseWorld tutorial proposal in flight.
- AR created presentation archive – see email on WTP list. This is intended to be a repository
for presentation materials.
- AR talking at Colorado Software Summit on Web Services development in Eclipse and WSDL 2.0.
- Help system: successful internal build; should be incorporated into this weekÂ’s I-build.
Requested Bugzilla Â“documentationÂ” component (PMC approved request). Will be contacting BEA for help
with documentation content work.
- PMC reviewed API statistics
- j2ee.core component identified as not making sufficient progress; the bulk of its models will
need to be turned provisional. Potential migration of flexible project model to platform in 3.2 is a
possible stumbling block in finalizing API in that area.
- Clarified renaming/repackaging strategy to be complete by end of M4.
- Continued progress on removing unintended APIs: dropped from 4,326 to 3,349. Overall metric for
4/11 build is 59.
- Summary from April 11th build report: 35% JUnit coverage, 95% JavaDoc coverage, 9/14 overview
Requirements Group Report [JK]
- No news to report; will begin including this in the agenda on a bi-weekly basis.
Architecture Group Report [DW]
- Validation framework API deferred.
- XML resolver/catalog API deferred.
- See flexible project model notes above.
- Separate XERCES plugin build likely this week.
- XML and WSDL dependency on JDT should be removed this week.
- GEMÂ’s M6 readiness is late; may cause us to introduce a late dependency change into our own
XPDL Proposal and Discussion of WTP Criteria for Submissions [JK]
- AR: standard body must be recognized, but standard must also be popular and open source runtime
available, and standard must be in scope.
- AR: Criteria for standards body: open to new members, broad industry participation,
- CN: Maturity and adoption of standard should be part of our criteria.
- ND: XPDL and BPEL would be better placed in a technology project; too far from general audience
- PMC resolved to suggest a technology project, but agreed to review the proposal when written to
review vis-Ă -vis WTP charter.
WTP 1.0 Product Forums [JK]
- Idea would be to get interested parties to build on WTP 1.0, drive adoption, and gather
requirements for 1.1.
- Timeframe: post 1.0 ship (easier to do once churn stops).
- Requirements group will take this on and report back to the PMC when proposal is complete.
Eclipse Booth at JavaOne [TW]
- CN, DD, and TW will assist with staffing the booth; TW to respond to Ian.
Creation of XSL Component [DW]
- Discussed contribution request (for 1.1; not on table for 1.0 release).
- Normal committership process must be followed, despite size of contribution.
- Can be made part of build so that itÂ’s available for evaluation by committers and rest of
Upcoming Milestone Build Process Ownership [DW]
- Setting dates / versions for upstream components, driving test plans with component leads,
evaluation of candidates and convergence toward acceptance.
- AR offered to support DW in this effort.
Build Status Reports [ND]
- New distribution list will be set up for build reports.
- Progress on build status/result reporting Â– compile failures now attached to email.
- Will increase number of warmup builds.
Status Update on Ongoing Projects [AR]
- Janet making progress on 3rd party content agreements; ETA is M4.
- AXE will be going into the Lepido technology project.
- DTP: Sybase and others meeting with IBM to go over code and make progress (see email to PMC).
Minutes taken by Tim Wagner, April 12, 2005
- TW: finalize dates for release reviews with EMO (week of June 20th being discussed)