Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » How to Deploy and Debug "Web Fragment Project" in eclipse (WTP) (How to Deploy and Debug "Web Fragment Project" in eclipse (WTP) , having a server running a "closed" WAR file)
icon5.gif  How to Deploy and Debug "Web Fragment Project" in eclipse (WTP) [message #1613456] Thu, 12 February 2015 17:24
Reginaldo Santos is currently offline Reginaldo SantosFriend
In my development team, we have framework and business developers.

The framework is a JEE6 webapp already, and business developers uses the framework to build their web pages via web interface provided by the framework and to intermediate the calls to business services.

Each business application is built as a external JAR file which is added to the tomcat start classpath. Also, they are "Web Fragment Projects" (WFP) in eclipse, because it is also possible to add custom JSP, HTML, CSS whatever and also some of them use web-fragment.xml.

So far, so good, everything is working fine outside eclipse...

In eclipse, using the WFP and the framework as a "Dynamic Web Project" (DWP) everything is fine again ...

But for business developers I would like to create Tomcat Server in eclipse and pointing it to the WAR directly and make it deploy the WFP together.

I did several attempts adding WFP to classpath in .launch file, I also tried to add bin dir in tomcat "VirtualWebappLoader", but there's no way the web-fragment.xml gets read.

Any clue in how to achieve it???

Ps: running tomcat outside eclipse and debug the WFP remotely is not an option.
Previous Topic:Extremely slow jsp editing
Next Topic:Preview custom tag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:39:10 GMT 2024