Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » PyDev code analysis with Eclipse RSE not working due to folder names
PyDev code analysis with Eclipse RSE not working due to folder names [message #1609994] Tue, 10 February 2015 13:30
Ali May is currently offline Ali MayFriend
Hi,

As far as my experience goes, code analysis in PyDev does not work with the remote (python) files opened with Remote System Explorer, because the temporary directory that is automatically-created under /workspace/RemoteSystemsTempFiles/ for the server that is being connected to contains dots in its name (e.g. /workspace/RemoteSystemsTempFiles/my.remotelocation.com/). Such folder names are disregarded by PyDev as they aren't valid python names, hence code analysis is not performed. My question is whether there's anything I can do so that the folder (my.remotelocation.com/) that's automatically-created under RemoteSystemsTempFiles does not contain the dots. I think this will solve the code analysis problem.

Any advices?

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Eclipse hangs on ftp server timeout.
Next Topic:Doesn't get event ISystemResourceChangeEvents.EVENT_COMMAND_SHELL_FINISHED
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:25:05 GMT 2024