Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Code Recommenders » Need help installing/integrating Jayes Bayesian code(Can't import the code for use)
Need help installing/integrating Jayes Bayesian code [message #1506146] Wed, 10 December 2014 16:14 Go to next message
jawann jefferson is currently offline jawann jeffersonFriend
Hi, I am new to eclipse. I have a class project I am doing and i want to use the Jayes Bayesian code on your site. I downloaded the code but i have no idea on how to get it into eclipse to be use. The website states to try using Maven. Unfortunately I could not get it to work. I kept getting stuck at the archetype dialog. I tried copying over the folder int he project but then i had errors. I tried using the HELP-->Install New software but when i choose the folder from Local it comes back "There are no categorized items". Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
jj
Re: Need help installing/integrating Jayes Bayesian code [message #1506349 is a reply to message #1506146] Wed, 10 December 2014 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Kutschke is currently offline Michael KutschkeFriend
Hi Jawann,

Actually, just copying the Jayes source files into your project should work too, because there are no dependencies on other projects. What errors did you get when you tried?
Re: Need help installing/integrating Jayes Bayesian code [message #1506674 is a reply to message #1506349] Thu, 11 December 2014 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael thank you for your response,
I created a java project called FF then i copied over the org.eclipse.recommenders-2.1.10 folder to the src folder. After copy i received red x's in the test folder and the plugins folder. The error for most of the files state "The declared package "org.eclipse.recommenders.internal.apidocs.rcp" does not match the expected package". This error is the same of all of them. Well, different package error for each different folder.
Thanks for your help.
jj
Re: Need help installing/integrating Jayes Bayesian code [message #1508566 is a reply to message #1506349] Fri, 12 December 2014 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
H Michael,

I was able to import the Jayes code with the project file found in the plugins folder. Problem now is that the pom.xml file has an error.

"Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find org.eclipse.recommenders:plugins:pom:2.1.10 in http://
repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central
has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM". I've scoured the net and tried different fixes like removing the parent element from the pom or deleted the ".lastupdated" files from my .m2 folder but none of those have cleared the error. I've installed almost all of the maven plugins in the marketplace hoping that would help but no luck.
I am wondering am i going about this the right way? To use the Jayes code do i only want the packages that have "jayes" in the title?
Any help is appreciated as the due date for my project is drawing nearer.

thanks
jj
Re: Need help installing/integrating Jayes Bayesian code [message #1524950 is a reply to message #1508566] Tue, 23 December 2014 19:24 Go to previous message
Michael Kutschke is currently offline Michael KutschkeFriend
You can do one of the following:

1) Import all the code recommenders projects, starting from the root pom. That way all the necessary parent poms are included in your m2 repository.
OR
2) Remove that line, and then do Maven>Update Project. I think that should fix the POM error. If there are now syntax errors, check whether Eclipse set the source compatibility of the project to Java 1.5, and set it to 1.6 instead. This error comes from a change the @Override annotation between 1.5 and 1.6
OR
3) remove the maven nature of the project (and the POM, if you like). It should build as a normal eclipse project then. Then add that project to your build path like you normally would.
Previous Topic:Forum does not recognize me as being logged in
Next Topic:Does CodeRecommender have an impact on CTRL+1 proposals.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:10:54 GMT 2024