Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Post merge leaving diff markers in source
Post merge leaving diff markers in source [message #1472293] Thu, 13 November 2014 19:15 Go to next message
Dan Fournier is currently offline Dan FournierFriend
I'm on Windows 7 using Eclipse Kepler, Subversive 1.1.3 (?) and SVNKit 1.7.11 (3.0.5).

While merging trunk to branch, I encounter conflicts. For any given file with a conflict:

- right click > Team > Edit Conflict
- Once I'm done, I'll save the file
- Finally, right click the file > Team > Mark as merged

If I open the file in the PHP perspective, I still have diff markers left. Shouldn't these be wiped when I indicated that it was merged? It seems redundant to go back into the file looking for the diff markers and remove them manually.
Re: Post merge leaving diff markers in source [message #1490909 is a reply to message #1472293] Fri, 28 November 2014 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
There was an issue with PDT very similar to your description - when conflict editor was unable to save PHP files due to an exception somewhere deep inside PDT code. The solution for that is updating to the latest version of Eclipse and PDT (Luna instead of Kepler, for example). Hope it helps.
Re: Post merge leaving diff markers in source [message #1504688 is a reply to message #1490909] Tue, 09 December 2014 13:19 Go to previous message
Dan Fournier is currently offline Dan FournierFriend
I just tried it with Luna. I get the same thing. I'll just merge with Tortoise I guess.
Previous Topic:Can't setup SVN repository location
Next Topic:silent delete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:27:25 GMT 2024