Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » form layout based interfaces look inconsistent on different screensf(Layout issues with complex forms when doing MDI style application)
form layout based interfaces look inconsistent on different screensf [message #1429016] Mon, 22 September 2014 17:35
Krishnakant Mane is currently offline Krishnakant ManeFriend
Hello all,
I have this problem since a long time and I don't see why this should happen.
Basically I am using a main window with a Menu bar and a tool bar (I have some how got it vertically to the right ).
If user clicks a button in the menu or tool bar, another shell is supposed to open, a composit in most cases.
In many such composits I have group with grid layout. and several other widgets, including the group itself in a form layout.
When data increases dynamically in the grid rows inside the group, (IE, rows are increased dynamically when inventory stuff gets added ), it does not scroll to show the data.
Is using a table the only alternative?
Another question regarding same issue, my composits inside the said main shell don't look consistent on every screen.
What am I doing wrong in the form layouts?
I have heard that layout attachments work on a percentile bases so should the widgets not adjust once the form attachment data is provided?
Previous Topic:Need help with Jface in eclipse
Next Topic:Making User interface more attractive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Nov 14 21:43:31 GMT 2018